Author Topic: Unbelievable Hunting Stories!!  (Read 1166 times)

Offline ironglowjr

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Unbelievable Hunting Stories!!
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »
  This is a pic of a deer i helped a guy with...and the story goes like this....My buddy and i were going to launch his boat when we seen a deer chassing around this man by the boat launch as if it was rabbid.. i got out and started walking towards the guy when he said "ya i think it was grazed by an arrow ". the deer did not look to be injured but was breathing with its mouth open heavely. the deer came towards us and as it whent pass this sign going towards the other man i followed it and grabbed it by the the antlers and spun it to the grown. when i brought it down the man then came over and helped by sitting on it. As i held this thing down for my life it kicked me in the back with its rear hoof cutting my pants open. As i held it down fighting it a lady came over with a seraded kitchen knife, i told the guy to stab it behind the front leg (cuz i could not let go of this thing), he replied i cant break the skin, so tired and furious i said just cut the throat, he cut the throat, and about 10 minutes later of holding this thing it finally died.....So needless to say the wife did not believe me when i said i was late comming home cuz " i had to save a man from a 8 pt buck by wrestling it to the ground and cslitting its throat"

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: Unbelievable Hunting Stories!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »
 ;D
Quite a story and to get a pic to back it up-Thats awesome! Looks like the other guy is trying to give him CPR though. :D

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »
I don't think he's gonna make it. ;D
Great story.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline mrbigtexan

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »
so what happened to the deer after you killed it? take any samples to get analyzed for rabies? put him in the freezer?

Offline mrbigtexan

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
maybe he was in rut and....... ;D

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »
maybe he was in rut and....... ;D

One of my mountain biking buddies in Colorado got chased by a bull elk one time while riding some of the front range trails.  I told him I always thought he was kinda cute and the elk must have thought so too.

ironglowjr, all I have to say is, "You are the man!"  I'd never lay hands on a deer.

Offline ironglowjr

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »
well i am a Marine and i was on a Marine base so the game warden was called to come get it. after talking to him a few days later he said it was donated to the huters for the hungry program.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 10:23:09 AM »
  Guys;
  I am this Marine's grandpa..and these adventures are nothing new for him. Right from a little shaver, he was always seeking adventure.
  Even when he became a Marine about 7 years ago, being a Marine alone was not enough..he had to be a Special Ops  (Special forces) Marine. Even when he goes hog hunting, he doesn't shoot them..he knives them..usually with his issue bayonet. One of those tough Marine platoon Sgts..proven in the crucible of combat.
    I'm inclined to brag a bit..sorry, guys..

Below see one of his bayonet harvested hogs and a pic of him taken last deployment in Al Anbar;
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 41 mag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
    • My Pictures
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
Thank you for the story, but even more so THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Also all the best to you and yours for a great Christmas and a great New Year.