Author Topic: Travelling to texas... suggestions?  (Read 943 times)

Offline bremraf

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Avid Poster
Travelling to texas... suggestions?
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »
Hey all, is there any hunting to be had in the Lonestar state in june?  I will be traveling to dallas with my wife for the big Mary kay seminar, and was wanting to slip out and see some texas(only been there once) and maybe shoot somethin.  I know it'll be hot as the dickens, it is here in florida in june too.  Any thoughts or pointers would be great... even if someone just wanted some help around their ranch for a day..... I will be bored...lol.  

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Travelling to texas... suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
Loads of exotics plus hogs to shoot that time of year. I don't know where to tell ya to go but if ya google exotics and hogs in Dallas area I'll bet you'll get a bunch of hits.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline bremraf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:55:04 AM »
Thanks GB, I've tried that and found a few places... just thought I'd post up to see if any forum members had an operation out there.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:35 AM »
Bow or gun?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline bremraf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:45:54 AM »
contender carbine in 30 herret!

Offline Dillohide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »
Dallas / Fort Worth is pretty spread out so don't know if there is any place for a quick day hunt close. The closest that I know of is around Hico and Hamilton, TX. That's an exotic ranch but don't remember the name and don't think it's that many acres. Hico would be about 100 miles southwest of Fort Worth and Hamilton about 30 miles south of Hico. You could go to the "real" Billy the Kid Museum in Hico :D! If you will have your contender with you I'd at least recommend taking it out to The Alpine Rifle Range south of Fort Worth and get some shooting in. They are real nice folks. Unfortunately Mary Kay isn't in San Antonio. If they were you'd be no more than a couple hours from some real fine hunting ... YO Ranch, West Kerr Ranch, etc.

Offline bremraf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »
thanks, i might just visit that range.... I have to check the hotel's policy on firearms... but hey it's texas right?