Author Topic: Bloodied my 7x57  (Read 366 times)

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Bloodied my 7x57
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »
We went on a quota hunt this week and tuesday afternoon I bagged a nice 80lb doe. What a nice rifle to shoot. I was hunting at Greenbo Lake in north eastern KY, It was about 22 degrees with maybe three inches of snow on the ground,(global warming ya know I almost died of heat stroke) I was walking back to where I wanted to hunt, and there they where in the trail. The doe was with a group of about twelve when I walked up on them, deer ran everywhere, this one stopped about seventy five yards away from me. That's the last mistake she'll ever make. One shot thru the neck and down she went. This will be some tasty vittles, The warden aged her at a little over a year old.

I was useing my new to me 7x57 handi with a Nikon prostaff 3x9x40 loaded with Privi partisan 139 gr PSPs.  I haven't had time to load for this rifle yet so I bought some of thease. $14.99 a box, took about six to dial her in the next three went into an inch at 100 yards about 1.5 high and dead center. The next one shattered that little does neck.

Did I mention I like my handies? Ten of the fifteen I own have taken deer five more to go but there is a lot of time for my handie clan to grow before next season opens. I may never get them all broke in right. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Re: Bloodied my 7x57
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:12:12 PM »
AW BOY, another devotee to a fine old cartridge!
The old 7 just keeps putting them down.
I am sure I will never get mine back from my youngest son.   ;)
To think, some people feel this old round is dead and gone---NOT!
Way to go BB.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07