Author Topic: Anybody ever heard of Sun Optics???  (Read 3226 times)

Offline boaman88

• Trade Count: (0)
Anybody ever heard of Sun Optics???
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:50:35 AM »
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/sun-optics-5x-zoom-3-15x42-rifle-scope.aspx?a=606315

Any body ever heard of these?? The magnification range is kind of nice. No info of eye relief however.

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
Re: Anybody ever heard of Sun Optics???
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 11:44:28 AM »
I was curious about that scope at Sportsman Guide too.  Interesting ratio on its magnification, something usually only higher end scopes seem to have.  Very little info available on Sun Optics and I've googled, used Bing and Yahoo to find something about it.  Did find a Sun Optics site here in Texas, but not much info listed on their site such as the eye relief of the scope.  Seems there are a number of rifle scope seller sites on the internet, like Midway, Optics planet and etc that have at least one model of a Sun Optics low power scope.  One with a picanny rail on it for the tactical enthusiasts to mount other stuff on it when the scope is on an AR type rifle. 

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
Seems like new scope makers are coming out every day.  Probably only a handful of people making them, though all the scopes are probably made to different specs.  A lot of the new entries seem to be in the low and mid price ranges, most likely because that is where the sales volume is.  Sun Optics might be a great scope.  Not intending to knock it.

Offline JimFromTN

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:37:33 AM »
I have a sun optics 2.5x scope that I bought as part of a saddle mount combo off of ebay.  I think I paid $50 for the scope, b-square saddle mount, and rings.  I figured it was maybe a dollar or two more than the b-square saddle mount and rings alone so I got it.  I would rank it about the same as any other scope in its price range.