Author Topic: 20 ga. Pardner  (Read 697 times)

Offline RED132

• Trade Count: (0)
20 ga. Pardner
« on: January 11, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »
I have been thinking about a 20ga. project to go with my 12ga. My question is will a full choke shoot foster slugs ok or do i need to look for a mod. choke gun. I will either have it d&t for scope base or put sights on it.Thanks for your help Jeff

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: 20 ga. Pardner
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
It'll shoot slugs just fine through the choke. Matter of fact you might be surprised how good it shoots. I have a 20ga. that has been drilled and tapped and wears a 4x Simmons scope. It's a very good shooter with Remington Sluggers.

Spanky

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »
I agree with spanky that has been exactly my experience with the 20 ga. Pardner full choke. Surprisingly good accuracy out to about 70 yds with mine, scoped.

;)Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 02:13:30 AM »
Be sure to try different brands of slugs in your gun.It may have a preference for 1 particular brand which it will shoot better than all the others.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline RED132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 03:15:56 AM »
Thanks for the info. my 12ga. has a modified choke and it shoots black magic light magnums good. I have seen alot of you guys cut the choke off and get good groups. I left my 12ga. pardner 28" and just put sights on it, i like the longer sight radius for open sights. If i was to have the 20ga. d&t for scope i would not have a problem cutting it down to 20" or less, would make a great ground blind gun. Thanks again for the info Jeff