Author Topic: Lace-Up Buttpad and Pardner Question  (Read 835 times)

Offline 04stx

• Trade Count: (0)
Lace-Up Buttpad and Pardner Question
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0012757221948a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=Leather+Recoild+Pad&Ntk=Product_liberal&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Hi all, I am new here. I am looking to buy a 20 gauge Pardner. I don't know much about H&R's but I read somewhere that this pad has worked and it was the medium size, if it helps I believe it was a H&R Handi? Here is the link, I would greatly appreciate any help. Once again, it will be am H&R 20 gauge Pardner single shot wood stock.  The link is above.

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Re: Lace-Up Buttpad and Pardner Question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »
STX,

Welcome to the forum and hoping you do purchase a 20 ga. Pardner Shot. These single shot guns do grow on you.

Nice looking pad for a Pardner Shotgun, but I have to ask what would you need a recoil pad on a 20 ga. Pardner for. The newer Pardner comes with an acceptable recoil pad and if you need more to reduce recoil, just add weight to the gun. You can add to the rear stock by removing the two screws at the recoil pad. The only problem I have with recoil is when I’m patterning 3” magnum loads for turkey or bench rest shooting rifle slugs……..the worst thing about this shooting is the forearm sling swivel tears my left index finger. If I ever get a new forearm the gun will be getting a barrel band sling swivel.

Good Luck and I hope I haven’t offended you about the recoil pad.

Froghunter
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline 04stx

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lace-Up Buttpad and Pardner Question
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
I was under the impression that it didn't have any recoil pad so thats why I wanted one. I have a Nova 12 gauge and I shoot the s*** out of it and it doesn't bother me at all. LOL. I have yet to see a 20 gauge Pardner in person so I am going to have Dick's Sporting Goods order one in for me. Is there anything I should know about this gun? Thank you for your help, and I wasn't offended(sp?) in anyway about you asking me why I wanted a recoil pad.