Author Topic: ?? on Hornady L&L Case Prep Center  (Read 285 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
?? on Hornady L&L Case Prep Center
« on: July 18, 2010, 01:23:42 AM »
I  have a question about the tools used on the Hornady Case prep center: I have the RCBS Trim Mate and the one item I don't care for is the inside neck chamfer tool. I was wondering if the inside chamfer tool on the Hornady is removable and could it be used on the RCBS unit? 

I already use the Hornady primer pocket cleaners as I like them better than the wire brushes RCBS makes.

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: ?? on Hornady L&L Case Prep Center
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »
Got a reply from the Hornady tech folks. They tell me the cutters are replaceable but they couldn't tell me shaft size or thread pitch  ???. They thought they were the same as Lyman cutters.

Kind of amazing the manufacturer can't tell me that simple a spec.

I'd sure like a more tapered inside chamfer for my RCBS trim mate than the original.

Maybe I'll check with one of the online sellers.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA