Author Topic: got my first knight  (Read 1506 times)

Offline bart74

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Avid Poster
got my first knight
« on: September 13, 2009, 05:38:46 AM »
traded for a new knight KP1 in . 270 camo  SS N.W.T.F EDITION got home and found out knight had went out of business . so i put on a nikon and went out and sighted in and this thing shoots great but then the safty lever broke off but still fuctional  and i need to find a hammer spur. but i think i will keep it my boy shot it some and he might try to steel it from me but thats ok i know where he lives .
PS  WHERE can i get a hamer spur

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: got my first knight
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:15:31 AM »
Get ahold of Knight. As I understand it they are still supporting the weapons they have produced. If I'm wrong someone will stop by shortly and set you straight.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:20 AM »
bart74,

Knight has a contract for at least 2 years to support their rifles. They haven't actually went out of business, but have ceased all production of rifles. They are still honoring warranties, and servicing rifles. I think they are loooking for a buyer of the brand, and I hope they find one.

Give them a call, ask for Gordy and he will take care of you. They have a newer model trigger/hammer assembly that done away with the small hammer safety lever, it has a rebounding hammer and I am sure they would just swap the whole assembly out for you. Make sure to ask about the hammer spur extension when you are talking to Gordy. Don't worry, they will take care of it to your satisfaction.

An Important Message from Knight Rifles

We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for helping us navigate this transition.  We would like to remind you that we are still your source for Knight Parts and Accessories.  We plan to continue in this role for the foreseeable future. 

To express our appreciation for being Knight customers, we would like to announce that ALL ORDERS PLACED ON THE WEBSITE will receive a 10% discount over retail prices.  This will take effect immediately and will continue until further notice. 

We would also like to restate that our Technical Support and Warranty departments are still fully operational. 

Customer service can be reached at http://www.knightrifles.com/contactus or (641) 856-2626.

http://www.knightrifles.com/
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline bart74

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
thanks for the info contacted Gordy at knight and he said he could fix mine or replace the trigger group with the new style but his opion was the new one didnt have as good of a trigger as the old one and the heat treatment on the safty lever made it weak  i think i will get mine fix and keep my sweet trigger very nice guy i sure hope he doesnt lose his job if they are bought out
thanks for the info
Bart

Offline ourway77

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (134)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 02:05:34 AM »
It's amazing such a fine shooting ML'er that cost a arm and a leg, has no resale value. I guess it's the same with all ML'ers? Only one I know that does hold it's value is the savage smokeless ML'er. For the most part I have never seen a ML'er that will shoot better than a Knight, Oh I guess some may but I still put my money on the Knight. Now that Knight has been bought and they said they will still honor warranty work the value may come up. I havent seen too many Knight FS recently as before they bought Knight out. I too went with the Savage because I am lazy and the savage doesn't have to be cleaned til after the season. but I still have several disc extremes. Lou
It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.