Author Topic: Rabbit Hunting  (Read 508 times)

Offline Mrs.Froghunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Rabbit Hunting
« on: January 17, 2010, 02:26:22 PM »
Good evening to all on the Graybeard Outdoors NEF/H&R Shotgun forum memebers! I've finally came out of hibernation and have a few stories to share. I'll share this as graceful as I can. As some of you know I like rabbit hunting with my 20 ga. TDC. Rabbit season opened up here and boy wasn't my husband ready to go. He'd been rabbit hunting with some of his friends and has harvested rabbits.......you see. Anyways he takes me to this place, well acouple of places.........and it looked to be rabbit heaven, but much to my surprise.......Yepper you got it right not a rabbit to be found, Dogs didn't even wag they tails. But hey, I had a nice walk threw those woods. We did see a forked horn buck run across a open field.

The next week he goes with his friends again! They get 1 or,2 rabbit......sometime 3. So that following week I went back out in 13 degree weather and wind at 20 to 25 outside the woods all bundled up and ready to claim bust some rabbits for the freezer, got to the place and it's looking like rabbit heave again! :o  Once again my girls are trying to get their rabbit hunt on....but again not a rabbit to be foundin this Rabbit heaven. The areais so deprived of rabbits that even my two beagles ("The Girls") looked up as if to say mom, "You've gotta be kidding me"  ""Any rabbit in his/her right mind should be holding tight in a groundhog hole, trying to keep from freezing. So I went home frozen and with no Rabbits.
That next weekend hubby went again with his friends and wouldn't you know it,........bought home rabbit. So, I think I'm gonna do some scouting on my own and see where they bought them rascles from, becuase when he takes me we didn't see any?

Yaw have A great evening.LOL
Ladybullfrog

Mrs.FrogHunter

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
Re: Rabbit Hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 03:07:51 AM »
 :D :D :D Now thats a good story! I got a kick outta that! Thanks! scout4<><

Offline jimneye

Re: Rabbit Hunting
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:29:13 AM »
Good read.  I've been bustin the local rabbit heard myself.  Gotta love it.