Author Topic: truglo scopes  (Read 653 times)

Offline southernutah

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
truglo scopes
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »
looking  at a 6x24 with mildot. Need some input as to quality and glass.

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: truglo scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
Southernutah,

if you are asking about Nachez's bargain 6X24 Truglows, then I have two of them, one with mil dot and other has fine crosshairs.  I prefer the mil dot crosshair, fine one is just too fine for my eyes.  I've no complaints about the clarity of either one.  But then I'm using them on rifles to shoot targets at least 100 yards away, usually around noon.  So, have no comment about how good or bad the light transmission is in poor light.  I seem to recall some positive comments on the Truglow optics from a couple of the guys I shoot with who prefer Leopolds, Nikons, Burris  and etc., after they had viewed through my scope at a target. 

One is mounted on a 30-06 and the other a 257 Roberts.   I was so happy with my first Truglow after shooting well over a 100 rounds of 30-06 with it, I ordered a second one and put it on the 257.  I'd had the second one for about a month and shot about 30 rounds with it when it began to have problems holding zero.  I called Natchez to inquire about its warrenty. When I informed the Natchez person of my model Truglow and that I was having trouble with it holding zero, he just told me to return it for replacement after he'd checked his computer for my name and purchase.  Within a couple of weeks I received the replacement scope from Natchez.  I've had no further problems with my Truglows.  However, you should be aware with my replacement scope there was a note, 15 day return policy on the second scope.  Still not sure just what is the warrenty policy on the models of Truglow's I have.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: truglo scopes
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:31:17 AM »
i had one that i picked up form someone who was closing them out cheap. I wasnt impressed. the windage and elevation knobs had a lot of slop in them and the scope didnt track well when running the windage and elevation back and forth. Stuck in on a rifle i was trading in.
blue lives matter