Author Topic: CWRS shoot  (Read 412 times)

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
CWRS shoot
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »
I'm just wondering if any of the members here were at the shoot on 30 Jan. near Visalia, and if so, if you could post photos or videos. 

We were shooting bolts from Trail Rock Ord.  Not long range, maybe 200 to 300 yards, but dang, they flew well. 

And, a question on sighting.  How do I adjust for shooting uphill?  3 in. Rifle, pendulum hausse.  I know that shooting uphill makes you shoot high, any of you know a formula for correction?
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: CWRS shoot
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:09:40 AM »
How high up the hill were you shooting.  The shooting high up hill realy doesn't realy show up a lot until you are shooting above 30 degrees.

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:56:38 AM »
Most were fairly straight, maybe about 8 degrees.  But one was up the hill a pretty fair piece, I had the elevating screw run down almost all the way - maybe half a turn left on it.  That one I ht right at the base of the target - and from the splash of dirt it went up like confetti "POOF!"
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »
Lyman 47th reloading handbook has the diagrams (presumeably a formula or two) for shooting up/down hill.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)