Author Topic: Cleveland Gun Show  (Read 1692 times)

Offline buckeye509

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
Cleveland Gun Show
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
I went to the Show at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea this morning. It was organized by OHIO GUN SHOWS, look them up on the web. Anyway, my point is that it was one of the most miserable excuses for an event of that nature I have ever been too. Primarily because there was no room to maneuver or walk down the aisles with bumping in to someone or being stuck in a slow moving, endless Que.

I'm not complaining about the exhibitors, or the patrons, of which there were many, but the chintzeyness of the promoters who hosted the event. They seemed to pack as many tables into two of the smaller buildings as possible leaving the aisles so narrow two adults could barely pass thru most places.

I mentioned the crowded conditions and narrow aisles to to one of the (name unknown) gents who is affiliated with OHIO GUN SHOWS. He replied, "Well folks can always stay home and watch TV".

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Offline Czech_too

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Contributor
Re: Cleveland Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:55 AM »
I found out that during the Winter, they only use two buildings rather than three, which is the norm.  Reason being is the third doesn't have heat.  That's why I won't go during the Winter, it's elbow to elbow.  That said, even during the rest of the year, the one building is always packed full of vendors, resulting in narrow aisles, while the other buildings have more breathing room.  Go figure.
NRA Life Member
Cruffler
INOA

genealogy, another area of interest

Offline buckeye509

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:34:52 AM »
Yeah. I've made my last trip there.

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:27:48 AM »
The last 2 Lima shows were packed too , their show has 4 very large buildings and it was still elbow to elbow at times , that is a good thing as I see it , means that people are starting to spend some money again , that has been in short supply as of late .

The winter shows also give people a chance to cure some of that " Cabin Fever " and get out of the house for awhile .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Rat Rod Mac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »
Buckeye509, you hit the nail on the head. I told myself years ago I would never go to another Dick Walters show again, well I lied, I too went to Berea this past weekend, never been to that one before, and this time I mean it, I WILL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER DICK WALTERS SHOW AGAIN !!!!! PERIOD.....  I have had it up to here with six bucks to go to a FLEA MARKET !!!! There are two kinds of people that deal with guns,,, the man who truely loves guns and the man that loves the money that guns generate and this oufit fits in the latter catagory. What a joke of a gun show.   RRM

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
I`ve been to acouple of their shows and was never impressed with them eather. Like Stumpy said, I`ve been to some of the Lima shows that were packed also, but I like the slection far better at the Lima shows, and there seem to be a little different class of people there.