Author Topic: 41 GAS CHECKS  (Read 826 times)

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
41 GAS CHECKS
« on: December 16, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »
Just got into casting & was wanting to cast a 41mag gc for a mod 57-4. What do you use the hornady 416's
I have not seen any 410's, also haven't got a mold yet so any info on that will help. Thinking of a 220-250gr maybe
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: 41 GAS CHECKS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:26:51 AM »
problem with 41s is theres about 3 differnt gas check shank sizes they use in molds. For the most part the hornadys dont work very well. Can larry at 318 387-7257 and get some of his. His company is gator checks, hes a dentist and dont be suprised when you get his receptionist. Before you call mike a casted bullet so you know what size gas check shank is on that bullet and he will set you up.
blue lives matter

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
Thanks for the info Lloyd.  Do you know if Larry's checks are Hornady (crimp on) or Lyman style?
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline GradyL41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 02:34:51 PM »
not Llyod but I have several thouseand of the "normal .41' and 1000 of the .416 and mine are not crimp on I have some Hornaday .416 and on my Mountain Mold which was cut for them --they are fine-- I had an LBT mold though and they did not want to do well on them- so take Lloyds advice

Offline leadman

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
Larry makes the gas checks. I have about 10K of them and they are very good quality. If you order enough he ships for free.

The gas checks crimp on like the Hornady.

Hornady makes Lyman checks now.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »
I recently saw some Gator checks offered for .410  BSS bullets. I never heard of BSS so I didn't grab them.  The seller said I needed a different check for my LBT mold.

Can anybody tell me what BSS is?
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA