Author Topic: Can anyone spare a pair of antlers for rattling?  (Read 504 times)

Offline Chuck from arkansaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Can anyone spare a pair of antlers for rattling?
« on: October 30, 2003, 04:51:37 PM »
Moved and mine just evaporated.  They were the last thing I packed, and I put them in a box of my wifes "decorator" junk so I knew they would be found when we got to the new house.  No such luck.  They don't have to be big, a forkhorn with a little heft would do.  Bid for several crappy pairs on e-bay and as soon as I would bid, they would get popular get out of my price range fast!

Offline huntsman

• A Real Regular
Can anyone spare a pair of antlers for ratt
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 02:50:28 AM »
Have you tried the artificial variety? Their feel and sound is identical to natural antlers. I think they cost around $10 or maybe a little more, I don't remember. Also, there are many "antlers in a bag" that I think are very realistic and more compact and concealable than bulky antlers. None of these is going to cost much more than shipping on a pair of real antlers. Just my 2 cents. :D
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline grouper sandwich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.fishingworks.com/groupersandwich/
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 06:48:48 AM »
Try a rattle bag.  You can them at Wally World for about $10.

Offline Swamp Fox

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 06:31:47 PM »
I saw several set of rattling antlers laying along the highways in central Mo this weekend.
"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and complex—but Congress can." —Cullen Hightower

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 01:13:24 AM »
My first rattling antlers were two maple tree branches about 1" diameter stripped of all bark and they worked.  I had deer comming right at us in 5 minutes.  I made them while sitting in my stand and tried them out.                                                              BigBill