Author Topic: pellets or just stay loose  (Read 1326 times)

Offline doetag

• Trade Count: (0)
pellets or just stay loose
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »
 I have an LK 93 that uses #11 percusion caps and still using loose pyrodex, but am wanting to go to pellets . Has anyone tried the pellets with percusion caps.  I am thinking ive heard it takes a 209 primer to set the pellets off.
BIGGER and faster is always better !

Offline slowfog

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: pellets or just stay loose
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
Your not supposed to use percussion caps on pellets. I've done it and it seems to work but I suspect when its cold it may present a problem. I suspect that a musket cap would work fine but I have had issues with the caps being stuck in the hammer. In all honesty most get better accuarcy out of loose powder and its cheaper anyways.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:21:37 PM »
I would avoid pellets.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Firehawk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:02 AM »
Why use pellets when you can "tailor" your loads to your rifle with loose powder?  Go loose and never look back.  Use a speed loader and you will reload just as fast as anyone with pellets.

Offline DAT19K

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
i've used that jim shockeys pellets in my lk93 with #11 caps and they seem to do ok and burns clean but i'll stay with loose.

Offline mspaci

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:09:53 AM »
I really like pellets for hunting, easier to reload while cold & hands are not quite right. Its a trade off. Mike