Author Topic: S&W VS RUGER  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Sweetwater

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • When it ceases to be fun, I shall cease to do it.
Re: S&W VS RUGER
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »
The reason I was investigating was thoughts about my daughter--I am committed to providing whatever she decides on.
I would buy the Smith for me--if I was going to buy one--I think the value is there.
If she decided she wanted that god awful Taurus Judge I would provide it--she might have to beg me though.
Blessings

That's are what Dad's are for!!

Best of luck!

Regards,
Sweetwater
Regards,
Sweetwater

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway - John Wayne

The proof is in the freezer - Sweetwater

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 02:02:59 AM »
Warrt. Ruger fixed my gun and paid shipping . S&W did not fix my gun once , could not fix a gun for me once and fixed one . I paid shipping both ways all three times . Ruger stands behind their product better in my experince.
 As far as smoother , get a trigger job with the money you save ,
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »
I've got Colts, Rugers, and S&Ws and must say I love them all. I've been on a S&W binge the last few years. Colts are hard to find and not worth the price folks are asking for them anyway. However, I must say that the Ruger SP101 is one of the best revolvers ever made. Sure it needs a trigger job, but once that is done you've got a gun that's better than a K-frame and more compact. If I was going to get a .327, I'd be real happy to buy the Ruger.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Boxhead

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 01:02:19 AM »
I'd look for a clean used M586/686, pre-lock/MIM. Had for a while when they first came out and regret to this day selling it. You should be able to get for a lot less than the price of the Ruger + $400.

Offline LDThornton

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 03:42:04 PM »
The reason I was investigating was thoughts about my daughter--I am committed to providing whatever she decides on.
I would buy the Smith for me--if I was going to buy one--I think the value is there.
If she decided she wanted that god awful Taurus Judge I would provide it--she might have to beg me though.
Blessings

Smith & Wesson is my choice also..........

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 03:49:49 PM »
642  smith  nothing else is close
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »
From what I've had to deal with as a gun dealer concerning Ruger's pistol and revolver quality the last five years, well I'll just say that Ruger can keep 'em and let it go at that.