Author Topic: weaver and nitrex scopes. anyone give me some feedback?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline slickest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
weaver and nitrex scopes. anyone give me some feedback?
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
I have really been looking at the nitrex tr one series and the weaver classic v series scopes. i know weaver was making the nitrex for a while but not so sure anymore. Really like the classic v with .223 compensating hash marks. I have been trying to get some feedback on opticstalk. com but thoose guys r so biased and its seems like to them if you dont buy anything for a 1000$ its junk. im in hopes someone here can give me some feed back on weaver and nitrex. thanks

Offline Dave in WV

Re: weaver and nitrex scopes. anyone give me some feedback?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:21:52 AM »
I have no experience with the Nitrex scopes but I do with Weaver. The Weaver I had was good for the money.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:29:25 AM »
I own a couple of the v7's and one 4x32 shotgun.  The glass is exceptional for the price I paid. (got'em on sale at Natchez).  Love their contour and the way they fit a handi rifle.

Bobby
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline JW307

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:25:22 AM »
I've got the 3-9 Weaver 40/44 on my 7mm mag and love it.  It's a great scope for the money.  I also have a Classic V and I can't really tell any difference between the two as far as optics go.  A friend of mine has the one that I think you're talking about on his 223.  It is a classic V 6-24 with AO.  It's a nice scope, but does get a little fuzzier above 20X than the really high dollar scopes.

Offline dpastordan

• Avid Poster
  • Shooting firearms since 1962
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »
I like Weavers.  I have the V3 on my .270.  I have to 4X and a 2.5 X as well.  They are bright, consistent in adjustments, and worth every penny and more.  I had a 3x9 Weaver for over 20 years on two different rifles - never failed me but I miss it as it went with the rifle that I sold.