Author Topic: new redfield  (Read 1144 times)

Offline dorothy daily

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
new redfield
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:04:02 PM »
has anyone here tried these scopes?i believe they must compare to the vx-1 only slightly less expensive. was thinking might make a good rimfire or hornet scope.

Offline jjas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: new redfield
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »
These scopes are just now becoming available to the general public right now.  I've read different reviews in guns and ammo and shooting times magazines plus a couple of online guys have reviewed the scopes as well.  Every review I've read has been nothing but positive.

Here's a link to redfields site that has some of these reviews.....

http://www.redfield.com/news/

I'm setting up a .357 handi for my son this year for deer hunting and I'm going to mount one of these scopes on it.  When I buy one and test it, I'll update this post.

Offline INresponse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
When I arrived at the SHOT Show last month the first place I raced to was the Redfield section at the Leupold display.  The Rep explained that Leupold bought the name, Redfield, but nothing else and they are building good quality low cost scopes to directly compete with the Chinese imports.  I picked up several samples and noticed they were very clear.  They also have the Leupold lifetime guaranty.

I will be buying one for my AR as soon as my local gun store gets one in stock (and I have cash in hand).
Police Officers support the 2nd Amendment!
-Retired-

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
Bear in mind that completely non-biased reviews are somewhat few and far between.  I was really disappointed to see a writer who I kind of respected sell out to Counter Sniper scopes a few months ago.

Something inside tells me that if they were built to compete with low-cost optics, then they might not be much better than that.  At least they will have Leupold's warranty.

That being said I really, really do hope that the Redfields come out top-notch.  The one that I read about doing a box test seemed to do fairly well.  I really have a soft spot for Redfield since one of their Golden 5 Stars was the first scope that I ever bought for my first rifle.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
I got one last week after being back ordered for two months. It's a 3x9x40 with the Accu-Range rectical. It is mounted on a 12ga. USH slug gun. Haven't used it yet, too much snow & wind. I did compare it to a Nikon Monarch 3x9x40 in low light and just couldn't tell any difference. If it holds together on stout slug loads it will be well worth the $159 to my door with that transferable lifetime waranty. Made in USA.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline INresponse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 12:07:56 PM »
eye shot,

Who did you buy the scope through?   And, Congrats. 
Police Officers support the 2nd Amendment!
-Retired-

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »
OpticsPlanet they had free shipping.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline tdn

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »
I am really considering the 2-7x33 Redfield, and found one for cheap.

But,  has anyone ever ordered from Midwest Hunters Outlet ??   It has that generic hunting supplies web layout to it, but best prices on these Redfields I have found.

Any thoughts?

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?PID=185805&w=PQ%2BJDyOLrQE%3D

Offline Old Grizz

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
I'm hearing some pretty good comments about the new Redfield scopes. They maybe on the inexpensive side right now but I have a feeling once they catch on, LOOK OUT.!!!
Marlin 1895G Rules
45-70
Member Team Hornady
Life Member NRA
Member NAHC