Author Topic: "breaking in" a rifle slug gun  (Read 1215 times)

Offline bucksnort06

• Trade Count: (3)
"breaking in" a rifle slug gun
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »
I have a brand new beretta 3901 slug gun coming next week and was wondering how you guys "break in" the barrel?? This is my first rifle barrel shotgun and just looking for any advice.. thanks guys

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: "breaking in" a rifle slug gun
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:22:41 AM »
Since you have plastic riding the barrel I'm not sure you will get the same results. I've understood the breaking in process to be a burnishing thing, I may be wrong. Now as far as excersizing the action and proving its reliability I would sure be behind that. If the barrel gets broke in so be it. Slug guns can be picky about what they like so you might just run twenty slugs through that bore trying to find what it likes best.

I've had good results with Federal Barnes Expanders, and also with Rem Copper Solids.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline zackyholdem

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
no need to break in the barrel since there is nothing but plastic touching the grooves, just find some ammo and start shooting.
When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, Its always the patriots who first hear the call. - Charlton Heston

Handi's -30-06, 223 Ultra, 7mm-08, 44 mag, 45-70, 17hmr, Tracker II 12ga, Pardner 10ga (2)12ga's and .410

Offline bucksnort06

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
Awesome guys.. Thanks for the responses.. that makes a lot of sense not that I think about it. Can't wait to get the gun and go to the range..  ;D