Author Topic: Replaced virtually all my reloading gear for $54.90  (Read 1048 times)

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
Replaced virtually all my reloading gear for $54.90
« on: February 14, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
Well, I was at Cabelas, looking for 221 Fireball dies and some 221 brass. When I could not find the dies a helpful clerk sent me to the Bargain Cave. As many times I had been to this store I had never seen this part of the store before.

I found a 50th Anniversary Lee Breech Lock Reloading kit for $74.95. This has a bunch of gear in it and for $74.95 it was a deal. Well, I opened it up to make sure that all the bits were there as it was a previously opened box, and I wanted to make sure that it was on sale because it was opened and not because of missing items.

All was there, but one of the two castings that the handle bolt passes thru was broken and would need replacement. So I showed the clerk the damage and asked if he would discount even further. No problems, due to the damage it became a 50% off kit, $54.90.

I got the press which retails for $55, a perfect powder measure which retails for $24, Lee Safety Scale $25, Case Prep Tools $10, LEE SAFETY PRIMER FEED COMBO (LARGE & SMALL) $24, and a couple of odds and ends.

So my advice, when in Cabela's do not pass up the Bargain Cave for reloading stuff. There were Lee 3 Die Rifle Sets for $20 there also. Plenty of RCBS and Lyman stuff too.

I have emailed Lee asking about a replacement part and will update this when I hear from them.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: Replaced virtually all my reloading gear for $54.90
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
Good for you. Nice to catch a good deal once & a while
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Good for you,,and it's always a good Idea to ask the bargin cave people for a further discount, many times you'll get it.
I have two stores near enough I can make it too from time ta time,,I bee line to the Bargin cave, alot of times theres bullets an dies, it's just a matter of if what they got is what you can use.
Bargin cave is there catalog returns an discontinued items place, most stuff has full warrenty. I never order from them, but it's nice to hav'm close.
found elsewhere

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 03:24:10 AM »
  I once bought a set of 30mm Conetrol custom rings at the bargin cave for $1.00, didn't really have a use for them at the time but knew they were expensive rings.
Sold them on Ebay for $ 110.00,  Not a bad buy.    Jed
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline jburris2001

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
wish i had one close to me. closest one is like a 3 hr drive. gander mountain is 1.5 hr drive. I need to move!!! ;D

Offline chutesnreloads

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
You can indeed get the replacement parts.If only one is broken ,you can switch them around and make it work until you get the parts.I have two of these presses.Second one aquired when I was in too big a hurry to load and bought another press after first broke.These cast pieces break easy but I've found I don't need to use so much muscle.Still if I were you I'd get two set of replacements.They shouldn't cost more than $5 a set.You can change them in minutes.

Offline skb2706

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
The broken casting could very well be a sign of things to come. Just a thought.

Offline leather5to1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
Love the bargain cave, bought all kinds of stuff in there.  You just have to be thorough when checking.  There is a reason it was returned. 

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
$7 shipped for the part. I had no probs with my previous Breech Lock press so I was surprised to see the casting broken and the handle bolt and threaded block were still in their original sealed bag.??? I think for some wildcat case forming I will eventually get a Redding Ultramag Press as it provides literally tons of pressure for case forming, expensive, but worth it if forming a bunch of brass from what I have read.

Online order to Lee, the part arrived 3 days after I made the order.

Bottom line, I got a $54 discount and only had to spend $7 to make it whole. I think that is my bargain for 2010! ;D

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 03:43:25 AM »
Well, I was at Cabelas, looking for 221 Fireball dies and some 221 brass. When I could not find the dies a helpful clerk sent me to the Bargain Cave. As many times I had been to this store I had never seen this part of the store before.

I found a 50th Anniversary Lee Breech Lock Reloading kit for $74.95. This has a bunch of gear in it and for $74.95 it was a deal. Well, I opened it up to make sure that all the bits were there as it was a previously opened box, and I wanted to make sure that it was on sale because it was opened and not because of missing items.

All was there, but one of the two castings that the handle bolt passes thru was broken and would need replacement. So I showed the clerk the damage and asked if he would discount even further. No problems, due to the damage it became a 50% off kit, $54.90.

I got the press which retails for $55, a perfect powder measure which retails for $24, Lee Safety Scale $25, Case Prep Tools $10, LEE SAFETY PRIMER FEED COMBO (LARGE & SMALL) $24, and a couple of odds and ends.

So my advice, when in Cabela's do not pass up the Bargain Cave for reloading stuff. There were Lee 3 Die Rifle Sets for $20 there also. Plenty of RCBS and Lyman stuff too.

I have emailed Lee asking about a replacement part and will update this when I hear from them.

Lee will replace that for free.  Call them ....don't E-mail.
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 09:55:04 AM »
Cabalas is willing to work with you if you try. I placed a 195.00 order and tried to get 5.00 shipping which they had offered the day before but had ended or free and the person I was dealing with said no way the day after I received order they offered free shipping to any order over 150.00 so I sent an email and said refund shipping or no more business from me, gave me a  full refund on shipping.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.