Author Topic: Scope options for Win 94  (Read 463 times)

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
Scope options for Win 94
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
I have a Win 94 30-30 TOP eject.  AS of now I have one of the funky side mount scope rigs on it.  It works ok but is strange.  Also is a PITA to adjust the scope since you have to rotate the scope  1/4 turn for the casings to clear it when ejected!!.  Is there another option of mounting a scope on these rifles??  Say a scout mount type deal??    I would appreciate all advice and photos!!
Thanks
Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Scope options for Win 94
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 06:19:42 AM »
Although the XS LeverScout mount, pictured below, is on an angle-eject M94AE, XS makes one for the top-eject M94 also.

The rear sight dovetail, used to anchor the front of the XS rail, has to be about 4" from the receiver, and your rifle will need two holes D/T'd atop the front receiver ring inline with the bore to secure the rear of the rail, which takes Weaver-type rings.

The XS mount uses either an Intermediate eye relief / "Scout" scope, or a pistol scope with an eye relief window around 9"-13".

There are two more alternatives, however.

There's a dovetail mount made (B-Square ?) that will hold a small pistol scope in the rear sight dovetail - but the scope will need a good 15" of eye relief.

Also, I have mounted a very small, AR-type 2x scope (Beeman SS-1) atop the rear of a M94 bolt via a small base from a two-piece Weaver base set for a Browning boltgun, IIRC.  (It was in the 1980's, so I forget particulars)

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline gunnut69

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Scope options for Win 94
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »
I don't have much to add to the suggestions as most of the good ones have been covered. As to rotating the scope so the ejecting cases clear I do has a suggestion. Rotating the scope so that the windage knob becomes the elevation setting and the elevation know the windage will be a much better idea. Also if the basee clears the scope adjustment caps move rotate the elevation adjustment to the bottom of the verticle and the windage will protrude to the left.. Either will work just fine..
gunnut69--
The 2nd amendment to the constitution of the United States of America-
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."