Author Topic: EMP 9mm  (Read 721 times)

Offline Pinkerton

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
EMP 9mm
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »
My wife decided she wanted a ccw, she went out and handled everything she could get her hands on an settled on the EMP.

Who has em?
How do you like em?

Thanks.

Offline petepaaz

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: EMP 9mm
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »
    I bought one (9mm) as a CCW companion to the larger 1911 MC Operator (.45ACP) I have.....thinking the design features being similar would facilitate familiarization. I was also hoping it would work as a pocket carry weapon....but it is too large to work w/o awkward bulging.  IWB carry is terrific under shirts that are not tucked in. At 26oz. it's not heavy for belt use but may be a bit much for a woman's purse to carry over extended time....my S&W 642 is only 15oz. and can be pocket carried easily.
    The EMP shoots hard ball flawlessly but is picky with premium hollow-point ammo. Strangely, it prefers 147gr Rem. Golden Sabre Ammo for both complete reliability and best accuracy. The night sights really add confidence to any potential poor light conditions. It has a nice trigger, is quick pointing and has enough muzzle weight to help tame recoil for quick follow-up shots.
     There are 2 things I don't like about the gun: (1) to field strip it for cleaning requires a plastic clip to be a spacer on the full length guide rod and can be easily lost. I prefer to have guns requiring no special tools to take down. and (2) I wish the magazine was flush with the bottom of the grip frame to make more compact; even though it would mean reducing mag capacity from 9 to 8.
     Hope this is helpful......Pete

Offline Merle

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:59 PM »
My wife decided she wanted a ccw, she went out and handled everything she could get her hands on an settled on the EMP.

Who has em?
How do you like em?

Thanks.

I just have to ask, as I am outside on this one.
What is an EMP and who makes them?

??? ??? ???

Offline petepaaz

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »
 "Enhanced Micro Pistol" is the meaning of EMP by Springfield Armory. They claim it's the smallest 1911 produced. All/most parts are downsized to accomplish this. It's offered in both 9mm and 40 S&W.
   Pete

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 02:51:43 AM »
The small guns can be very reliable---but, depending on the design and maker, can be problematical in a couple of areas.
The EMP and a number of others are good.
I just enjoy a larger frame for shooting and carrying.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Merle

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »
"Enhanced Micro Pistol" is the meaning of EMP by Springfield Armory. They claim it's the smallest 1911 produced. All/most parts are downsized to accomplish this. It's offered in both 9mm and 40 S&W.
   Pete

Thanks.
I'll bet it would be pretty interesting in 45ACP!

;D ;D ;D