Author Topic: Belly Band holster  (Read 444 times)

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Belly Band holster
« on: March 06, 2010, 03:40:07 AM »
Anybody here ever use one?
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Belly Band holster
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:25:59 AM »
Played around with a couple of them and in fact once a long long time ago did a review of one of them. Most likely have a couple of them laying around but these days I can see no personal use for one.

It's not all that bad a way to carry the firearm so that it's not noticed but getting to it when needed in a hurry requires a whole lotta thought about what you wear over it and how you are gonna get to the gun once the need arises. For me that means the use of other carry methods.

I most often wear a t-shirt tucked in which for me would make getting to the gun in the belly band rather difficult or if it was tucked under the belly band then the band would likely be quite visible to others. If you tend to wear a rather loose fitting upper garment and don't tuck it in them the belly band might work better for you.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Belly Band holster
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:01:52 AM »
I've seen a follow on another forum really promote one. His is actually one of the back support belts I believe. As I understand it he sews an uncle mikes nylon holster inside the thing. He is a western dress sort of guy and wears snap type shirts and can open them awfully quick. The gun sits weak side under his arm. Has many photos with HUGE SAA revolvers or anything disappearing.

I can PM you more info if you care to learn more.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**