Author Topic: Ever felt like crying?  (Read 854 times)

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
Ever felt like crying?
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »
 Bought a FORTY DOLLAR Limbsaver grind to fit for my newest NE, a nice 20ga.  Took it to our local so-called "gunsmith" to have it installed.  Much to my dismay, my pad is ruined!  Gouged, poorly shaped-a total mess!  To add more injury, the @##$ would not let me have my shotgun until I paid him $25 for ruining my pad.  So I spent 65 bux for NOTHING.  Its a shame that some people are able to take advantage of the fact its illegal to kill them.  Anyone know a competent 'Smith?

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: Ever felt like crying?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »

Spread the word around about Bubba and you might even consider taking him to small claims court.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
Start by posting some pics and giving the guys bussiness name everywhere. That really torques me that he charged you on top of screwing it up. some times though you just have to write things off and learn a $65.00 lesson.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:37:41 AM »
Been there done that, When I had a barrel rechambered, the local smith had to remove the front sight first, he destroyed it when knocking it out of the dovetail, he did replace it tho, but on top of that, he left some scoring on the barrel from the lathe work and wouldn't repair it. He's not got any of my business since.  >:(

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
Take him to small claims court for the cost of the pad and the work. Take the gun to a good smith and get an estimate to do the job right and bring that paperwork to court with you.
A bad job is a bad job and he should be held accountable.

Spanky

Offline Daman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
  • Me and Papa's first double!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
I can't tell you what I would have done cause I probably would have showed the bad side of me which I have tried to put behind me. I think I might have lost my temper with him. I think I would just the money and not give him any more business.

Daman
Live simple. Hunt Hard. Love Life.

I thank God everyday for my loving wife and all the fond memories of hunting with my Papa from a child until now.

Please take time to take a kid hunting, it will be a life long memory and blessing for both of you!

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »
 I'll most likely write it and him off.  Him, for dang sure.  I got a PM from a fellow Arkie, gave me a couple places to get it done right next time.  After all is said and done, I'll probably have the most expensive NE single shot in existence!  $80 original price, $65 for the abortion, paying for another pad plus installation fee? plus I was planning on cutting the barrel to 18" and having it cut for tubes.....Gotta LOVE single shots to spend that much!  After its all done it'll be the handiest firearm I own though, gotta keep tellin' myself this!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 01:47:35 AM »
Don't worry about having the spent the most on ane of these guns. Full camo dip and a leupold scope with a custom stock then you might start to get a little concerned.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 01:52:16 AM »
It would be easier to find a Handi Rifle buttstock with a pad already on it.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 06:35:21 AM »
I look at the cost over number of shells fired, Number of game harvested, and enjoyment time = God willing alot more years. I'm about ready to spend some coinage on tools for the 410s, to see if I can get them to patten at the ranges I shoot the rabbits. 

Froghunter
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter