Author Topic: Shotgun barrel with chokes  (Read 474 times)

Offline tiger yat

• Trade Count: (1)
Shotgun barrel with chokes
« on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:54 AM »
I'm considering adding a shotgun barrel to my 44-sb2 and have some questions. 
1 - Do they offer the plain pardner barrel with screw in chokes on the accessory program?  (All I see is the vent rib barrel with the screw in chokes.)
2 - What is recoil like with 12ga turkey loads?  If it wasn't for turkeys, I would just get a 20ga.  Do any of you hunt turkey with a 20?

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Shotgun barrel with chokes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 05:33:30 AM »
yes 20ga is plenty big enough. Mine is a 20ga,26"fullchoke, my wife has a 28ga,mod.choke barrel. She got her turkey last year on her first hunt, 20yrd shot with winchester 1oz.#6 shot,droped it dead right there. I started with a 12ga.,then went to a 20ga. three years ago and got three Turkeys between 20-30 yrds. Just know your didtance and go for it !
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline shotgunhntr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
I'm considering adding a shotgun barrel to my 44-sb2 and have some questions. 
1 - Do they offer the plain pardner barrel with screw in chokes on the accessory program?  (All I see is the vent rib barrel with the screw in chokes.)
2 - What is recoil like with 12ga turkey loads?  If it wasn't for turkeys, I would just get a 20ga.  Do any of you hunt turkey with a 20?

I just talked to H&R customer service a couple of days ago.  They only sell the 28" 20ga barrel with screw-in chokes and a vent rib.  I wanted the 26" without, but they won't sell it to you.

Offline tiger yat

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
Thanks shotgunhunter,  that's too bad cause it's the barrel I wanted too.  (Great minds must think alike.)  It's probably cheaper to buy the whole pardner shotgun with the two or three choke tubes than it would be to get two shotgun barrels fitted to my sb2. 
Does anyone know the retail price of the pardner with screw in chokes?  I've not seen one in a store in SE LA.