Author Topic: Laser on Ruger LCP  (Read 550 times)

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Laser on Ruger LCP
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:45:00 AM »
I just bought a CrimsonTrace laser for my Ruger LCP. Man that thing is awesome! I've got it set dead on at 10 yds, and you can shoot from any position and hit the bullseye. Now I have to get a new pocket holster. DeSantis makes one for the laser, and I liked the one they made for just the gun. I think it was money well spent on the laser.

Offline Dorado

Re: Laser on Ruger LCP
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:21:49 PM »
That post makes me want a set of CT grips for my sp101 ;)

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:28 PM »
I have been thinking about onw for my LCP.  I have a set of laser grips on my Kimber Ultra Carry, and they work great.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline bigmoon

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Petey the Wonder Dog
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:23:42 PM »
     I have four lasergrips, and wouldn't consider a self-defense handgun without them. The newest is on my LCP, so I can't speak much on it. But I have them on a Smith 642 .38 that used to be my favorite carry gun, on a Smith 63 .22lr that is with me always in the woods, and on a Smith 625 .45acp that lives in my bedroom. They have never failed me and all are more accurate than iron sights.

Thank all that's Holy, I've never had to shoot anyone, or draw in anger, for that matter. But put that dot on a target and, a moment later, there is a hole. I'll tell you, it inspires confidence. Were one to appear on my chest, I would await further instructions.

Joe B.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
bigmoon, you said, "The newest is on my LCP, so I can't speak much on it."  Do you mean you haven't tried it, or it didn't work out well.  I'd like to know because I've been thinking of putting one on mine. 

Offline wyohandi

• Avid Poster
  • NE Wyoming
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »
I put a set on my LCP the first thing I heard from "friends" was if I cant hit something at 10' without
those I shouldn't have a gun. Probably true but, with the lasergrips I can make good accurate hits
at 50yds bet you can't with the iron sights on the LCP. Not really a factor on a defense gun, but when
you can take out rabbits at 50yds the LCP turns into about the handiest campmeat gun you can get,
and I ALWAYS have it with me.