Author Topic: Blurred & out of Focus  (Read 464 times)

Offline cocojo

• Trade Count: (0)
Blurred & out of Focus
« on: November 11, 2003, 10:57:42 AM »
I am really frustrated because all my scopes are blurred when I am looking through them. There is no question that it's my eyes. I am far sighted and need glasses to read. When I was younger my scopes were clear now everything is blurred. My son has a Bushnell 1.5 x 4.5 shotgun scope and it has a focus adjustment on the back near the eye. I took his gun out to sight it in and I adjusted his scope focus and it' clear for me. My scopes have no adjustment. What scopes are out there which have a focus adjustment for us older guys who are far sighted? I may have to trade in my two scopes for a scope which has a focus adjustment.  I am using iron sights this deer season with a peep that seems to be great but I like scopes also, anything out there in a good price range $150.00 to 250.00 range.

Offline Dave in WV

Blurred & out of Focus
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 12:30:22 PM »
You have a focus adjustment on yours. Look ahead of the rear bell and you'll see threads. There is a lockring up against the rear bell. Loosen the lockring and screw it forward out of the way. Now turn the bell in or out until the scope is focused. The recticle should look it's blackest when properly focused. Relock the rear bell with the lockring and check your zero at the range.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline cocojo

Blurred & out of Focus
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 02:42:07 PM »
Thanks I will have to try that, boy would that help my situation. Thanks Again.

Offline Lee D.

• Avid Poster
Blurred & out of Focus
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 03:54:12 AM »
I run a sight in weekend at my club.  A lot of guys can't shoot so they will ask me to fire their rifles, so I get to look threw a lot of scopes and it is amazing how many are completely out of focus.  They owner tells me it is clear for them.  I ask if they mind if I focus it and then hand it back to them.  The usual response is "Wow, I didn't lnow it was supposed to look like that!"
somewhere betwixt a baulk and a breakdown

Offline Dave in WV

Blurred & out of Focus
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 04:05:07 AM »
cocojo,don't back the rear bell out too much or you'll lose the nitrogen gas in it and the scope wil fog. :eek:
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein