Author Topic: scope base for a savage 220 20gauge  (Read 3138 times)

Offline chillydigits

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Gene Pool narrowing...Think about it
scope base for a savage 220 20gauge
« on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:48 AM »
 I am looking for information and advice ::). Has anyone mounted the egw base on their 220 and if so can confirm that on ejection the empties don't hit the base and fall back down into the action, I know the bolt needs worked with authority, but when using a leupold one piece and the leupold two base base on my 220 the empties would hit the base and fall back into the open action, not that big of a hassle at the range but more then a little pain if a quick follow up shot is needed in the field.
We have to kill these animals or else they will die, That makes us enviromentalists.

Offline WTM45

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: scope base for a savage 220 20gauge
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »
My 220f works fine with the EGW base and Warne QR rings (Medium).

Offline coop

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 05:19:57 AM »
No problems here with extraction with the EGW and Weaver med. rings, at least with live rounds. I haven't fired it yet to check empties.

Offline swiftman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »
My friends son has one  of these with the Savage recommended setup and the only way it will eject empties is to lay it over towards it's right side and pull the empty clear of the barrel and the give a sharp pull on the bolt, the full hard won't work on this gun , it just leaves it laying in the gun, but that said this is a true 200yard deer gun. He shot 2 shots with Rem Acutip at 200yds and they were only a inch apart. and 10 inches low sighted in at 100yds, but the wind will still get them since they were 12inches right of aim point, so adjust accordingly.