Author Topic: redding customer service is great.  (Read 431 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
redding customer service is great.
« on: April 01, 2010, 02:03:11 AM »
I picked up 2506 #1 not to long ago and was going to start loading and found the only dies i had left were ones i recovered from the fire last summer. The sizing die was rough inside and scratched cases and the threads on the decapping stem for the expander were stripped. I got ahold of redding figureing on buy a new stem and expander and polishing out the die myself and they sent me a whole new die for nothing.
blue lives matter

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
Re: redding customer service is great.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:03:19 AM »
That's always good to know that a company like that puts the customer 1st. I have been upgrading RCBS dies to redding and have not needed service yet.
I broke the expander stem on Hornady 204 Ruger die and had a new one 3 days later in the mail.also I have had fast service with Lee.
RCBS on the other hand has a forever wait on the phone to try and talk to someone and the last time I needed them it took 3 calls to them as they have no record of my calls and never shipped  / it took six months to get the spent primmer cather from them for a reloader spec 5 .
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline huntducks

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:01:12 PM »
I have two Redding powder measures one I bought new in the early 70's about a mo. ago the screw that holds the mic dial on broke off flush I tried drilling it out but split the side of the shaft I emailed Redding they said send it in if they had a used one there would be no charge about 2 weeks later 1 was in the mail box.

I have never had any trouble with RCBS any parts I have needed were sent with in a few days and only once did I need to send a part in for replacement cutting head off trimmer they even gave me a PO# to send my 25 year old 1010 scale to ohaus for rebuilding.

Lee on the other hand wanted a receipt and would charge if past I think 2 years old.

Never delt with Hornady and Lyman is the worst they take for ever and want to charge for the smallest thing.

Dillon there as good as it gets.
Remember it's where the first bullet goes out of a cold barrel that counts most.

Offline rugerfan.64

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
Glad to hear about Redding being good with cust svc. I cant knock RCBS tho,few weeks back I emailed them about some decapping pins,had an old style 257 that has the straight small dia pins. Needed a couple of set screws for my trimmer,recieved an email back saying they'd be happy to help me out. Next week they sent me not only the decapping pins I requested,5 I beleive,also sent a decapping rod with the expander ball,the set collars for my trimmer,4 set screws,6 additional of the new headed decapping pins. Cant beat customer service like that. Not to mention the RCBS stuff rarely gives me any trouble at all. They go above and beyond in my opinion.

Offline HAMMERHEAD

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »
I ordered a replacement powder reservoir for my 10X powder measure (two thumbs up on the 10X) from Midway and it didn't fit. Sent an e-mail to Redding explaining and they shipped a new reservoir, no charge.
Love their equipment, great company.
They make their equipment in America from American castings on American machinery.