Author Topic: Best laser rangefinder for around $300 and why  (Read 472 times)

Offline dawgvet2003

• Trade Count: (0)
Best laser rangefinder for around $300 and why
« on: November 12, 2003, 07:31:34 AM »
Thinking of getting my dad a laser rangefinder for Christmas and was wanting feedback on  my choices.  I've browsed around and looked at Nikons and Bushnells.  Can't remember specific models now, but both around $300.  He'll likely be using them for light range work, hunting, and just curiosity looking. Like something accurate and built to last and that will go to 800 yds or more. Thanks,
Jed

Offline dawgvet2003

• Trade Count: (0)
Best laser rangefinder for around $300 and
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 08:16:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Chris.  Anyone else out there with any experience to share? Would appreciate all info available. Does anyone know of any comparison articles or reviews to read of common rangefinders out there? Please reply.  Thanks, Jed.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Best laser rangefinder for around $300 and
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 09:01:04 AM »
I've only used the Bushnell rangefinders. I have seen a test comparing what was at the time I guess most of them available. The Bushnells out performed all others in that comparison. They were the ONLY ones that read out to the advertised range and all actually ranged further. I have a YP1000 and have ranged off tree tops to 997 yards. That's the longest distance I've had a chance to range with it. I also have the Scout compact job and love it. It is especially appropriate for bow hunters as it reads down to 10 yards and out to about 600-700 yards depending on the target.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!