Author Topic: More Steel Cannon Balls  (Read 488 times)

Offline brokenpole

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
More Steel Cannon Balls
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »
I was contacted today by a company called R.G.P. International about steel balls.  My largest mortar shoots 6-1/2 ounce juice cans full of cement.  I had a mold for a while that was from Dixie that made 2 pound sinkers.  I used it to cast cement round balls.  But I wanted to go with something a little more substantial and when the steel balls for golf balls got started I figured why not.  So I went in search of.  Hard to find folks that will provide balls that are 2.125 inches (53.975 mm).  This company called and they provided me a link to their site and they have balls up to like 6" going each 1/8 inch in most cases in some as small as a 1/16 inch or less.

The cost for the balls I need is a little steep (~$3 per) but if you are like me and cannot (or don't want to) mould it gives us another way to get larger sizes.

Just wanted to let ya'll know.  Here is the link if you want it.  Download the catalogue in the lower right (pdf).

http://www.rgpballs.com/eng/prodotti/sfere_di_precisione/index.htm

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: More Steel Cannon Balls
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »
Two things that will kill you is freight and minumum orders...what did they say about that?

Offline brokenpole

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »
I asked for 50 and he quoted $3.30 + shipping.  Which for 50 he told me would be between $20 - $25. 

I know its expensive.  But in my condition I really have no other way.  Wondered if there are others who are in the same boat which is why I posted the link.

Offline brokenpole

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
Oh...and he told me I could order just one but of course the more you buy the lower the cost.