Author Topic: Model 1908 Turkey Gun  (Read 725 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Model 1908 Turkey Gun
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »
Shot the 1908 yesterday after turkey hunting, the gun shoots great, the front sight is a little too high, but works with the WGRS at the top of the ramp, worked out to 30yds, got it sighted in with 5 shots, but my shoulder could take no more, that light shotgun and the Uncle Mike's recoil pad just doesn't make a nice combination, it ain't no Limbsaver, I shoulda taken my Past magnum shoulder pad with me!! I wanted to shoot it at 35yds, but just couldn't take anymore punishment.  :-\

Tim

Federal Magshock #6 lead Flitecontrol, fixed full choke
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Model 1908 Turkey Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
That's a dead turkey right there. I love light shotguns myself. Is Limbsaver your favorite recoil pad? I'm going to buy a grind to fit recoil pad for my 16 gauge soon, it's a shoulder thumper as well.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »
I have a slip on Limbsaver, but the Uncle Mike's fit better, I also have a couple grind to fits which I think I'll try and see how they fit, got to do something, although I could just take it to the range next week and use it in the Leadsled!  ;D I never notice the recoil when whacking a turkey, just sighting in/patterning! Right now, my shoulder is real tender and very colorful, I don't recollect 3½" 2oz loads in the 835 with a Limbsaver hurting me this much, maybe I'm just gettin old and soft!!!  :-\ :o ::)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
I never notice the recoil either when shooting a turkey. Luckily my first turkey gun was a 12 gauge 3 1/2" Pardner Turkey so everything else I've used since then seems light  ;D A lead sled sure sounds nice for patterning!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783