Author Topic: Target Model vs. Standard Model  (Read 650 times)

Offline Chickasaw Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Target Model vs. Standard Model
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:34:54 AM »
Kahr used to make a 9mm Target Model. It was larger than the K9. I never had the opportunity to use one or know anyone who had. It did have a longer barrel, but everything else seemed to be the same. Did it actually offer any advantages in accuracy? Do they still make it? I haven't seen any on the market lately. Ch
Always remember that when seconds count the Police are only minutes away!

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
Re: Target Model vs. Standard Model
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:36:35 AM »
CH, all i could find about a target model Kahr, is an article written by Ayoob about the Kahr T9 9mm .
http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_cbh2004.html
i did a internet search, although not very extensive, and this one article is all i found. It seems that the T9, is just larger then a regular 9mm and has some adjustable sights, and wood grip panels.

spec sheet and pic for the T9.. http://arizonagunrunners.net/Products/Kahr/T9/t9.html
its a nice looking piece

Offline helotaxi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Target Model vs. Standard Model
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:45:15 AM »
Probably not more accurate but probably easier to shoot well.  The longer barrel will give you more velocity but that does not equate to accuracy.  The longer sight radius will make it easier to aim.  From a machine rest I doubt that you'd find a statistically significant difference in accuracy.  Hand it to the average shooter and have them shoot offhand, and I think that you'll see what makes it a target model.  That and the adjustable sights.  The extra slide length also adds weight out front which helps in recoil control and aids with faster follow-up shots.

Glock and S&W make target/competition models of their handguns with longer slides to give the longer sight radius and improved double-tap speed.  Otherwise they are identical to the standard models of the same gun.