Author Topic: XD &XDm or M&P wich one?  (Read 1769 times)

Offline NickSS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: XD &XDm or M&P wich one?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 01:01:43 AM »
I personally do not like polymer guns though I do own a couple.  I like steel and do not worry about the weight.  My favorite 9mm carry gun is a baby desert eagle compact which is basically a spiffed up CZ 75 (the mags interchange) and as for a target gun I like my CZ 75B or my Browning HP.  As for my Polymer guns I have a couple of Taurus and a Glock.  They work well and are lighter to carry.  I have looked at the pistols in question on more than one occasion and never was impressed enough to lay out the $ for one. The Glock I got was bought basically due to its cheap price at the time I was looking for a 9mm.  I really can't say that I am in love with it as I do not like its ergonomics but then again it has never ever failed to work when I pulled the trigger.  That to me is the reason I keep it as a house defense gun that plus the 17+1 rounds it holds).  The Taurus pistols were bought on a whim and I do not know how long they will stick around.

Offline pneuby

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 10:47:27 AM »
I'll toss another one into your mix, since you're already considering an M&P. S&W has a new 'intermediary' between the low-end Sigma, and the M&P. It's called the SD, for Self-Defense. Closer to the Sigma in feel and price, but with the M&P in so far as looks and quality of trigger pull. I just got to fondle one yesterday, and I'm impressed.

On the plus side, it takes the lesser-cost Sigma mags, which are also nickled for corrosion resistance.
Plus, in comes with a front night-sight already dovetailed into place.

Offline rawhidekid

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 04:32:36 AM »
For those people who asked why S&W was forgiven after helping Clinton;  S&W was owned by a British company then, they have since sold out to an American owner out of Arizona, a lock company that just happens to make all the locks on the new S&W handguns. 8)
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman