Author Topic: AR15 and M16  (Read 1094 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
AR15 and M16
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
What is the different between the ar 15 and m16?  I looked it up online and found this .

The M16 (more formally Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16) is the United States military designation for the AR-15 rifle. Colt purchased the rights to the AR-15 from ArmaLite and currently uses that designation only for semi-automatic versions of the rifle.

Most of the guns like the bushmaster look like the  M16A2, M4, M16A4 or along those line. The only gun that i have seen that looked like a Vietnam ar15/M16A1 was the ALLTECH AR15 or Century C-15A1 . the Century arms is a AR-15A1 rifle built with a new Century Arms C-15 lower receiver, and parts from other military contractors.

Also would a AR15 have 20 inch barrel, with flash hider and bayonet lug, A1 style adjustable sights, forward assist, Triangular handguards, fixed stock and a 20rd  magazine?  Most ar guns have the a2 or higher sights and all the new good stuff(like rails) on them. 
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: AR15 and M16
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
AR-15 has a two position safety. (safe and fire)
M-16 has a three or even four position safety. Safe, fire, Either full or 3 round burst, and some( very few have both burst and full like an H&K)
Other than that both are modular and can have stock, grip and upper swapped out to meet the shooters needs or wants.  Like Leggo's for grown ups.  Look it's a rifle, Click click click, it's a carbine, click, click its a varmint rig, click it's a squad auto matic belt fed.  Click , it's a pistol caliber SMG, Click, wrench what have you and......It's really up to your imagination.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:58:17 AM »
ok. it just something that always got me.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »
I am suprised you want an AK that pretty much comes one way.
There are lowers for sale that you can build up learning the gun from screw/ pin one.
The same goes with the uppers.  Any barrel can be added and you would have a project that you can spend a few dollars a month on building rather than trying to save up a five or six hundred for a whole AK rifle. 
I have seen the Lowers as low as $140 here in CA. 

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »
ive never seen a belt fed m16
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:35:58 AM »
I am suprised you want an AK that pretty much comes one way.
There are lowers for sale that you can build up learning the gun from screw/ pin one.
The same goes with the uppers.  Any barrel can be added and you would have a project that you can spend a few dollars a month on building rather than trying to save up a five or six hundred for a whole AK rifle. 
I have seen the Lowers as low as $140 here in CA. 

I am no builder.  I like the AK cause it easy to use and work with, also with no car there no real reason to get guns now. In the past maybe, but now i don't have a car or time to really go shooting.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:01:13 AM »
ive never seen a belt fed m16
Yep they made a bunch.
It was in a G&A article at one point before the Clintoon ban.