Author Topic: 'Scope For Contender...  (Read 396 times)

Offline BCB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
'Scope For Contender...
« on: May 11, 2010, 01:33:48 AM »
I am looking to purchase a ‘scope for my 22 LR Match…

On all of my other Contender barrels I have Burris ‘scopes. All have been good but they are a bit pricey…

Since the 22 LR has no recoil, and the ranges I use it at aren’t the distances that the other barrels sometimes shoot, I am thinking of a less expensive ‘scope—say 2x-8x or in that ballpark. Shots will be out to 100 yards and that is just at paper…

Any thoughts on a moderately priced ‘scope? I don’t want a bottom of the line though…

Thanks…BCB

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: 'Scope For Contender...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:49:42 AM »
I have a Simmons pistol scope that has been on on my Ruger auto pistol for about 10 years that has proven reliable, with clear, sharp optics.  They don't cost an arm and a leg.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline shot1

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 04:03:55 AM »
I have used many pistol scopes and the Weaver 2.5-8X28 for average $200.00 really can't be beat in my book. I have three of them. One on a 10" 357 mag, 14" 6mm-225 Win and a 14" 30-30AI and have never had a single problem with them.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:35:58 AM »
weaver makes a decent scope at a good price.
blue lives matter

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
A lot of guys over on Rimfirecentral.com like the Mueller APV for a cheaper scope.  Never had one myself, but 1000 raving loonies can never be wrong.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
How will you be shooting it.  Makes a different if you are squirrel hunting in the woods and shooting from the side of a tree, or if you will be shooting from a bench rest at the range.

Offline BCB

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 11:24:17 PM »
I'll be shooting mostly with sandbag rests...

Sometimes, but not very often, whatever rest might be available depending on the situation...

I ordered a Weaver yesterday...

I hope the parallax is O.K. on it as sometimes it isn't the best on less expensive 'scopes...

Thanks...BCB