Author Topic: New Hunting Blind  (Read 815 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
New Hunting Blind
« on: May 09, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
Bought this and did a camo job on the paint, mounted it on wheels.  I willbe taking this to the ranch in the hill country in a few weeks.  Anyone ever hunt out of one of these fiberglass blinds?

markc

Offline DennisB

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Contributor
Re: New Hunting Blind
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »
Mark, a buddy on a previous lease had one that I hunted out of a few times.  He had carpeted the whole interior, so you could move around quietly.  It was also pretty much airtight; never much problem with yellowjackets.  Only thing he didn't have that I put on my blinds is some sort of shade or awning over at least the east and west-facing windows.  (Nice trailer!)
Dennis In Ft Worth

Offline markc

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:47:47 PM »
Thanks DennisB.  That little trailer used to be a pop-up camper in its previous life.  A friend had it, and all the canvas was ruined.  I took it off his hands, removed the metal body and shortened the trailer down.  I've pulled it behind ATV's etc. for years of various deer leases, hauled stuff with it.  Now it is a mobile box blind. I car[eted the floor and the shelf in the blind only.  I am going to weather strip the door better.  It doesn't seal all around the door as well as I would like. 
markc

Offline RON17T

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 03:32:12 PM »
Great looking blind.I think I'd make the hitch removable or the wheels lockable so it doesn't become someone else's box blind. That might not be a problem where you are,but where I'm from lots of people have sticky fingers.

Offline markc

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »
Ron17T that crossed my mind.  The hitch has been welded on, so i might put a lock in it, or block it up and remove one or both wheels.   Where it is going it isn't likely to be seen, much left stolen, but then again, it would be a real bummer to go out there to hunt and find that it was towed away...
markc