Author Topic: Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Carry  (Read 696 times)

Offline Bowhunter57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Carry
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:57:13 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with this pistol?
The Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Carry Pro Series seems to be reasonably priced in the upper $300s to lower $400s.
www.bersafirearmsusa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-9-and-45-uc-pro-series.html

It appears to be a decent choice for a CCW. A lot of punch in a small package. 8)

Thank you, Bowhunter57
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Carry
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 04:25:56 AM »
I don’t know anything about the Bersa 45, I do own a Bersa 380, the newer guns are lighter than the older ones, I know with the 380 being in such a small gun with hot loads its not much fun to shoot, I am not a small guy, 230 with big hands, getting a good grip on it can be uncomfortable, my brother has an older one, it has a little more weight, and  slightly larger frame, with the same loads is not bad, but with every gun, you are going to have trade offs, A 45 in a small gun is going to have a very substantial recoil. It may pay you to look at a little bigger gun in 9MM or 40 S&W; you can get a Taurus Millenniums or Ruger SR-9 for about the same money in a slightly bigger package. If you are settled on the 45 you can get it in the Taurus also.

Offline Bowhunter57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Carry
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:49:36 PM »
After physically putting my hands on the Bersa in 45acp, I've decided against it. Reason being...it can't be carried in a "ready" position. The first shot is DA Only and the trigger pull is upwards of 8#. :P This pistol has a nice trigger...after the hammer has been cocked. If it could be carried in a cocked/locked position with a safety, like a 1911, I'd consider it.

As for the Taurus...I'll pass. Their quality control needs more quality control. ::) There's no way I'd want to depend on one for my life.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein