Author Topic: Tired Eyes Need Optical Help  (Read 460 times)

Offline JHT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Tired Eyes Need Optical Help
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »
My 59 year old eyes are not as proficient as they used to be, does anyone relate?  I am "looking," no pun intended, for an extremely compact optical sight that will install directly into the rear sight of my Ruger Bisley that John Linebaugh converted into his .475 Linebaugh.  Presently, the rear sight that I have on the gun is produced by Bowen and is excellent in all regards, but still it is not sufficient for the 50 yard shots on large game up to and including Cape Buff.  I am searching for a zero magnified optic that will replace the Bowen rear-sight.  I hope that an optic exists whereby I will not have to tap additional anchor points into the barrel.

Thanks for your help.  JHT
"Things will get done little by small."  ---  Joseph J. Venturo Sr.  ---  Joseph was my father-in-law, while he was not a formally educated man he certainly and without doubt was a very smart man, and a man who loved his children.

Offline HAMMERHEAD

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Tired Eyes Need Optical Help
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:46 AM »
Trijicon has rear sight mounts for Ruger revolvers to adapt their RMR or Docter sights.
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=13

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Tired Eyes Need Optical Help
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:41:37 AM »
Im not sure as ive never done it but i have to doubt if a base that just attached to the sight cutout would take the recoil of a 475 for long. that optic had best be real light. Like was suggested i would looks closely at the trijicon unit as scrimping on money when recoil is at that level is foolish.
My 59 year old eyes are not as proficient as they used to be, does anyone relate?  I am "looking," no pun intended, for an extremely compact optical sight that will install directly into the rear sight of my Ruger Bisley that John Linebaugh converted into his .475 Linebaugh.  Presently, the rear sight that I have on the gun is produced by Bowen and is excellent in all regards, but still it is not sufficient for the 50 yard shots on large game up to and including Cape Buff.  I am searching for a zero magnified optic that will replace the Bowen rear-sight.  I hope that an optic exists whereby I will not have to tap additional anchor points into the barrel.

Thanks for your help.  JHT
blue lives matter