Author Topic: Survivor Stocks  (Read 522 times)

Offline JRW209

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Survivor Stocks
« on: May 19, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »
Anyone use one? Like it? Hate it? I just ordered a pardner in 20 gauge and was thinkin about puttin one on. Since i've never handled one I thought i would ask those of you who have what your opinion is of them.

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Survivor Stocks
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
i got one its ok i prefer the regular stock though much easier to cock the hammer. i do however love the survivor forend it should come on all H&R shotguns
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 04:00:06 PM »
I disliked them at first, simply for the looks. Them I tried one and now have 3, they are great. I have one on my dedicated .22 Mag coyote gun and it fits me wonderfully and works GREAT....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline TxGun

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »
I like 'em. The Tamer stocks are too short for me, but the Survivor is GTG. And I agree with sachel on the (stor-arm) forearm...I think they are a big improvement over the standard forearm.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
I agree with the rest, I have had serveral of them and will always keep one. The personally like the slinder grip of the buttstock even though I have large hands I get a tight grip out of it, and I like it on my rifles too. The forearm/storearm is nice and works very well for shotgun use as stated. Pick up one and see how you like it.

-Aaron