Author Topic: H&R 1871 LIMITED EDITION TRACKER II PLUS  (Read 832 times)

Offline deacon stone

• Trade Count: (5)
  • stone4570@gmail.com
H&R 1871 LIMITED EDITION TRACKER II PLUS
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:07:08 PM »
Would someone guide me through some info on this gun. I would like to know what barrels this gun will except and why is this a limited edition. What made it special and what year was it made. Is this receiver going to be the same as my 1871 BC 45-70? Thanks for your help.

Deacon Stone

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: H&R 1871 LIMITED EDITION TRACKER II PLUS
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »
Welcome! Limited edition models used to be made just about every year by H&R in Gardner, but since Remington bought H&R/Marlin and moved production to Ilion NY, I don't think they've made any more, Talo has, but that's the only models I've seen so far. Unfortunately, any info on those limited edition firearms disappeared with the staff in Gardner, maybe someone is familiar with the TII + and will offer more info. You can tell when it was made by the serial number prefix letters on the frame, there's a list of build year codes in the FAQs and Help sticky, the best place for newbies to spend lots of time reading.  ;) The Tracker II normally comes on an SB1 shotgun frame, the 45-70 BC comes on an SB2 rifle frame, the only rifle barrels that can be fitted to an SB1 frame made 1987 or later would be 357 and 44 mag.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain