Author Topic: i want 1 y or y not  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Foxfire Rod and Gun

• Trade Count: (1)
    • Foxfire Rod and Gun
Re: i want 1 y or y not
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »
I guess that it boils down to a matter of personal preference. I have achieved better results with the Judge using 2 1/2 inch #4 & #6 shot than with the .38/.357 Shot shells. In your situation I would continue to use what works best for you. Here in SE Virginia the confirmed cases of rabies in Raccoons; Skunks & foxes has grown over that past grown years. If I am in the field/woods relic hunting I want something that will cleanly dispatch a threat up to dog/coyote size. The coyote population around here has also grown to be a very sizable one as well. People are loosing small pets and farm animals at an alarming rate. But in reality, it is awful hard to beat a 12 gauge shotgun for most any type of predator control.

FR&G
Please feel free to check my 100% positive feedback on the following sites under the following user names:
Bubba J on: Auction Arms
foxfirerodandgun on: Guns America - Guns International - e-Bay
Foxfire Rod and Gun on: Gun Broker

Foxfire Rod & Gun
Post Office Box 104
Carson, Virginia 23830-0104
804-862-4310 = Phone
804-862-4311 = FAX
www.foxfire-rod-and-gun.com

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: i want 1 y or y not
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »
I stomp some of that ground also , reason for the Bond Derringer . Found the 340 PD a better carry for snakes and no doubt would work on most critters likely to get close enough to be a threat. Hey 12ozs is no weight at all to tote in the field. I have only shot one coon with a j frame , it was comming toward me from a trl. I had loaded with trash . Don't know if I got in his escape route or he was attacking but he bit the dust never the less. Anyway it worked well.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !