Author Topic: Investarms/Lyman Deer Stalker Parts?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Investarms/Lyman Deer Stalker Parts?
« on: May 25, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
This weekend at the gunshow I bought a couple of muzzleloaders that are clearly made by Investarms and that look like a Lyman Deer Stalker. One is a Cabela's Spoterized Hawken and the other is a 20 gauge that I think was sold by Navy Arms. I don't care for the not so traditional look of the guns. Do you think the parts would fit in a Lyman Trade Rifle stock? They will nearly fit in a T/C stock the under ribs and lock plate thickness seem to be the only hold up there.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Semisane

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Investarms/Lyman Deer Stalker Parts?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:39:13 AM »
Hey Swampman, if you don't have a lot invested in that Cabala's Sporterized Hawken why not use it as a project gun?  You can probably turn it into something personal that you really like.  Defarb the barrel and brown or pickle it.  Strip the stock.  Slim it down and reshape it.  Stain it any color you like.  Maybe change the buttplate.  You could even add some easy inletting do-dads like a nice silver hunter's star or crescent moon.
CLICK ON ME: .
Link to... highchairstands@cox.net

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:08:46 PM »
I'd have to figure out a way to replace the recoil pad without losing some stock length.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 04:15:17 AM »
I know what you mean, pads are nice for shooting but not exactly rendezvous legal. I got one of the T/C Pensylvania Hunters on close out at a very attractive price but it came with a thick black recoil pad. The photo shows my solution.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:02:48 AM »
Looks pretty cool!