Author Topic: H&R Single Shot in 3 Gun (video)  (Read 914 times)

Offline vincewarde

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Single Shot in 3 Gun (video)
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
I thought you folks might enjoy this video.  I used my 20ga barrel on my ultra rifle frame.  I have a red dot barrel mounted on it (for slugs and turkey).  At the last minute my Mossberg 500 broke, so this was all I had to work with.  I used a 5 round butt cuff and a belt pouch.  It worked pretty well.  Anyway, here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0ekR6Zk20
"Preach the Gospel at all times, when absolutely necessary - use words" St Francis
<><

Offline born-to-hunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • .:Hunter:.
Re: H&R Single Shot in 3 Gun (video)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »
cool looks like a fun day to me I have never seen a red dot so far like that how does that work for you? and do you need some kind of rail attachment or something for that looks pretty cool?
Look a distraction!!!

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:55 AM »
Vince,

Nice shooting and looks like you have a good ejector spring on your 20 ga.  Maybe shoot one target, spin 180 degrees and get the second one with the ejected hull?  Is the rail for your red dot dovetailed or D/T?

I just started shooting 3 gun event.  I wanted to use by single shot 45 70 but found out we needed to shoot up to 150 rounds so I scratched that idea.  I was the only one with a wheel gun.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline vincewarde

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Red Dot Mount - H&R Single Shot in 3 Gun (video)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 10:16:43 AM »
The Red Dot is mounted on a UTG Shotgun Barrel Clamp On Tri-rail mount using Devcon Steel Putty to fill in and level the mount (it is really designed for 12 ga.).  It works well enough to group under 3" at 50 yards with Brenneke K.O. Slugs.  Not bad for a full choke gun :)

Here are links to a couple of mounts:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP625-34.html

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP626-34.html

The specific one I used is http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SHT070-1.html

To mount most Red Dots you are going to need a minimum of 5 slots.  Don't forget that you need to use something to level the mount to make to for barrel taper (if it is significant).  I used a release agent on the barrel, placed the two halves on the barrel with the putty on barrel.  I put the screws in LOOSELY and leveled the mount.  After giving the putty 15-20 minutes to set, I removed the top and bottom pieces and let the putty harden for 24 hours.  Then replace the mount, lock-tight the screws and tighten.  Done.  The resulting mount is rock solid.
"Preach the Gospel at all times, when absolutely necessary - use words" St Francis
<><

Offline born-to-hunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • .:Hunter:.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:32:15 AM »
Thats pretty neat I was thinking of getting a red dot on my shotgun but didn't know how I should do it get my gun drilled and tapped, get a rail I can put on there without drilling but I think this is what i'll do if anything.

good shootin by the way ;)
Look a distraction!!!

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
Looks like fun.
Where is the range.
I do not live that far from you.
I am in Pacifica and used to shoot something like that at my old range in So. Cal.
McDuck.