Author Topic: Handi Rifle as shotgun  (Read 731 times)

Offline gila_dog

• Trade Count: (0)
Handi Rifle as shotgun
« on: May 09, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »
Do the Handi-Rifles with iron sights have the same "drop at the heel" from the sight plane along the barrel down to the heel of the stock as the pardner shotguns? In other words, if I buy a Handi-Rifle and send it in for a shotgun barrel, will my eye line up down the barrel properly, with just a bead at the end of the barrel instead of the rifle sights?

I'm not sure whether to post this question on the shotgun section or the Handi-Rifle section. Thanks for any information.

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: Handi Rifle as shotgun
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »
Mine did.
I have the 30-30 with iron sights. Put 28 ga and 12 ga barrels on it. Felt good.
I don't think the Monte Carlo stocks work right, but they are on the scoped models.
Consider buying one on the NEF Classifieds here.
Good deals, fast service. Folks are honest. They don't just give away those trade smiley faces.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 04:35:03 PM »
answer - yes....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline vincewarde

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
I had to mount an optic on my 20ga barrel to get it to work with my Ultra Rifle stock.  It would seem to me that if the stock works well with scoped barrels it would be hard to make it work with a "naked" shotgun barrel - however, many handis come with open sights - so if the stocks are the same you should be fine.
"Preach the Gospel at all times, when absolutely necessary - use words" St Francis
<><