Author Topic: Spare tire  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Noreaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Spare tire
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:23:38 AM »
I have had a spare tire with me everytime I drove since I started driving twenty some odd years ago. When I got married and had kids I checked the spare tire to make sure it was in good condition. When I purchased a new truck or car I made sure I knew how to get the spare out and where the jack/tire iron was. I wish everyone would think of their defensive handgun as a spare tire. For those of you who have a family to protect and or are an LEO make sure you have your spare tire with you and you know how to use it.

I can't remember the last time I had to change a flat but I don't want to be stranded somewhere with a flat tire. How about that life saving defensive tool, wouldn't want to be stranded without that either! Just my 2 cents. I'm fustrated because I continue to observe people who have no self reliance and no means or will to take care of themselves. This attitude is a fungus growing throughout our great country.

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: Spare tire
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »
A fungus amongus !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Frank V

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:55:11 AM »
Spare tires are a great idea! :)
Frank
" U.S.A. RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Offline walks with gun

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
     I've carried a spare tire the last couple years ever since I got off a horse sooner than expected.  Now my single action hammers keep trying to rub a hole in it.     Really I can't see why peaple run around with no shooter no spare tire and NO POCKET KNIFE that really gets me,  One of my old bosses always asked me why I thought I needed to carry a weapon around with me It's a pocket knife for cripes sake.  A awful lot of folks seem to think their will always be someone around to take care of them. It's a troubling age.

Offline pneuby

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »
I thought this thread was going to be a question about how we work around our "spare-tires", in the way of holsters and methods and such. ;D

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »
don't forget a spare serpentine belt.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline hillbill

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »
i used to carry two spare tires in the back of my 79 chev truck.does that mean i need to carry two pistols?mite not be a bad idea!

Offline hillbill

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
how the heck do people git by without a spare tire and a pocketknife.id feel naked as a plucked chiken.

Offline Frank V

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
I'm probably dating myself, but I grew up in an era when pocket knives were tools not weapons. All the boys carried a pocket knife to High School, & I don't remember a single fist fight developing into a knife fight. We didn't kick each other either!
Frank
" U.S.A. RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Offline kctibs

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
Good advice and a good analogy noreaster. I think your right on target what people are turning into.
"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:30:16 AM »
I carry four weapons. A tactical knife, a P32 .32 auto, a 9mm Luger derringer and an XD 9mm. It's simply faster to grab another weapon than it is to reload.  Plus, if for any reason one fails me I have 3 others to fall back on. ;D

Offline popplecop

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:14:33 AM »
First of all spent 30 years in law enforcement and have been retired for 22 years.  Always carry a knife, have since grade school, it's a tool, even carried one in the Army in the 50s.  Vehicle always has a firearm in it, both a long gun and a handgun.  If I need to carry on my person, warm weather is a Ruger LCP, cooler weather either a Para Carry 9 of my old Colt LW Commander and I do have a personal spare tire and one for my pick up.
Life Member: VFW, NRA & Wisconsin Conservation Wardens Assoc.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:16 AM »
popplecop , how does one know if they do or don't need to carry in this day and time ? Also in a car one never knows when they will get out of the car and if they will have time or be in a position to grab anything . I have heard several people say "if i get to my truck you will be sorry" seems like a waste of words really.
S.H. some call it a new york reload. others call it smart.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 07:01:37 AM »
When I travel, I take everything I might need.  I may pull a trailer without a spare but I'll have a 12 volt air compressor, a can of fix-a-flat, tube patches, tire plugs, high lift jack and tool box.  I don't fly commercial any more because I can't carry my swiss army knife.  If I have my pants on, I have my pocket knife.  Speaking of spare tires, I've got to go get on the tread mill.  Got a backpacking trip in NM next month with a bunch of 4H kids.

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »
It isn't even safe to go to church in some places with out some protection close by. THE EVIL ONES DON'T EVEN RESPECT GOD ANYMORE!!!!

Zacharoo

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
Its like I have told my wife over and over again, we will be going out, and she says you don’t need your gun just to go there, answer, I would dammed well rather  have it and not need it, as too need it and not have it.

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »
Hornady.  on't feel like the Lone Ranger. I married a FOGIVE THE PUN! A real live Democrat. Love her to the end but she feels the same as your wife. No insult intended that is how she was raised. She is a Cristian woman but relies on the honesty and pease of the stranger. God says KNOW THY ENEMY!!  They are are around and ready to strike the week or un protected. The government now protects the unrully and non christian criminals.

Keep ypur Bible and your gun close. Ypur gun to protect your love ones and your Bible to protect your soul. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!
Zacharoo