Author Topic: Scope Advice and Opinions for Short to Medium Range .308  (Read 869 times)

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Scope Advice and Opinions for Short to Medium Range .308
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:58:07 AM »
I would like something on the low end of power with good clarity and preferably a lighted reticle (I plan on using this for black bear this fall). It also needs to be under $400. The one scope that I think fits the bill perfectly for me is the Burris Signature Select 1.5x6x40mm LRS. It gives me the low power that I need, but it also has enough high end magnification to let me dial in for longer shots or trying to pick my shot through the woods on standing or slow walking animals.

The rifle this is to be mounted on is a DPMS AP4 in .308. Basically, it is an AR-15 on steroids. Right now, I have a red dot sight with a 2moa dot. I like it for doing deer drives and for close and fast action. But after using it last year for stand and still hunting, I realized I still like a scope.

What do you think of this scope? I know some people like Burris, others hate them. I myself like them. I have two other Burris's that I am extremely happy with. Any other recommendations?

Burris Signature Select 1.5x6x40mm LRS: http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigselect1.html#15x6x

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
Re: Scope Advice and Opinions for Short to Medium Range .308
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »
Redfield has a video of there scopes on the AR platform.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Scope Advice and Opinions for Short to Medium Range .308
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:23:32 AM »
guys on the ar fourms talk highly of the millet 1x4 with lighted reticle and they can be had for around 200 bucks. For a non lighted one i have a vari x 11 1x4 leupold a 1x3 weaver and a 1.25x4.5 bushnell trophy and they all been decent scopes. Im not a fan of cheap scopes but those bushnells are a hell of a bang for the buck.
blue lives matter