Author Topic: WARRENTY...........KELTEC..........RUGER  (Read 1720 times)

Offline markp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
WARRENTY...........KELTEC..........RUGER
« on: October 01, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
   Keltec has a lifetime warrenty for its  p 3at and other Products.  Does ruger give a lifetime warrnety on its  LCP ?? 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: WARRENTY...........KELTEC..........RUGER
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »
Ruger offers no warranty PERIOD but they do have excellent customer service.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline markp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
  With good customer service do they then take repairs on a case by case basis and repair some without
  charge ??     

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:27:33 AM »
Most actually. Because they have no warranty thus no card or record back to original owner you'll have no more trouble with one you bought used than one bought new. Some times even in obvious abuse cases they will take care of it. Thing is you just really never know and yeah it's case by case but from what I read more often than not they do. Each time I've had reason to ask they took care of it. I don't like Ruger guns really but a lot of others could do to pay attention to how well they deal with problems.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »
Neither have a written warranty.  Both are excellent about trying to keep their customers happy.  Both have often replaced broken or worn parts at no cost with no questions asked.   On a few occasions both have been known to replace an unrepairable firearm with a brand new one at no cost to the owner.   Customer service is my least concern when considering purchasing a product made by either of these two companies.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:54:15 AM »
 i sent a p3at back expecting to have to pay right smat for repairs..
 they sent a new one back with my old serial numbers stamped in. way more that i could have expected of kel tec..this gun is new ,,an shoots very cleanly.. slim
 ps id just wore my first one out trying to make sure i could respond better than the b g could shoot.. now hes got surprize in his corner mabe,,as i watch parking lots etc closely.. but ive probably gottem beat as
to responce time.. that first rnd needs to hit its mark..then what evers necessary.. i aim upper neck chest area an face shooter..you hit a man in the nose or something an this little .380 has got him really messed up ,,if not dead..

Offline markp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
 Brett , kel tec has a written warrenty in their owners manuel. Original ower only must have the bill of sale
 lifetime.

Thanks Greybeard, Brett and Slim7

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 01:44:37 PM »
Sure 'nough...  on the last page of the manual, I just checked.  Must have missed it or had forgotten about it. 

Well, from what the folks at the KTOG forum ( http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl) have been saying it seems that Kel-Tec is very lenient when it comes to that written warranty and apparently follow an unwritten 'don't ask don't tell policy' when it comes to making repairs.  In other words, from what I have read, they have never demanded a sales receipt or have inquired about original ownership from anyone on the forum who has sent a weapon in for repairs.  I can't claim any first hand experience since my P-11 has never given me any trouble and has digested everything I have fed it so far.       
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline loaded4bear

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »

regarding Ruger's "warranty"...

Q: Why No Warranty Card Has Been Packed With Your New Ruger Firearm?
A: The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms.
http://www.ruger.com/service/FAQs.html#Q121
NRA ( life member)
NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife WCC (volunteer)
NJDF&W Hunter Education Instructor
New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs (member)

Offline LEO

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
I can't speak for Kel-tec but I had a Ruger Single Six that I had put thousands and thousands or rounds through and finally some parts just wore out.  I sent it back to Ruger with instructions to contact me with the cost of repairs and I would provide them with payment.  In about 2 weeks my dealer called and said my gun was back.  I just assumed Ruger had billed me but when I picked up the gun there was no charge for repairs and they had also refinished the gun at no charge, the only note made other than no charge was well used but not abused.  That is customer service.

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 01:19:38 AM »
I lost my windage spring on my single six, called ruger,no problem had it in 3 days,no charge.Excellent service

Offline grdad45

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »
I screwed up and shot some steel cased ammo in my P3AT. The extractor broke on the fifth round. I called Keltec, and asked how I could buy a new extractor. The guy in the service  dept. asked for my name and address, and added that I should not shoot any more steel cased ammo. He mailed me the part (no charge), I installed it in about two minutes, took the gun out and shot 30 rounds with NO problems. Keltec's customer service is excellent!
F&AM, 32, KCCH

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
Some years back a Guy I worked with that really had no business reloading did so for his Ruger black hawk, the end result was the cylinder blew out, he sent the gun back to Ruger stating it was done with factory loads, a blind man could tell this was not the case, Ruger repaired the gun at no charge, but included a Letter about the evils of hand loading, I was impressed that they repaired something that was clear abuse. And I don’t think this is something you could count on every time, but in his case they did over look it. The fact that it was a new gun may have played into it.