Author Topic: 2010 muzzleloader season  (Read 848 times)

Offline rmclaughlin

• Trade Count: (0)
2010 muzzleloader season
« on: November 01, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
 I killed a nice 8 point (17 in spread) on Thursday and a big doe on friday,Who else got lucky

Offline deernhog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 2010 muzzleloader season
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
I passed on the does hoping they would draw me in a buck like you got. Saw a few forks and a spike is all. They were not chasin in my neighborhood just yet.
Deer hunting is mostly fun then you shoot one and it turns to work.

Offline snowbelt45

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 04:11:52 AM »
Real slow up north, and with a full moon and 80 degree temps, nothing was moving during daylight hours.  Only deer we saw in 3 days were does we jumped off of beds.
Steve B.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »
The week started out slow in the southeastern part of the state.
Thursday was a good day we had a lot of deer moving early and late.
Friday evening I got on a large buck but couldn't get a shot at him. spotted him again Saturday evening.
Sunday I got my act together and set up early on him about dark I hit the grunt tube a few times and he came up behind me.
That was the first really good look I'd gotten at him he is huge. He was 30 yards out when I got the sites on him stand still looking right at me, I touched off the Hawken and all I got was pop no boom.
I'll give 2 guesses where I'll be on the opening day of gun season. ;D

Pat

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline jwv

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »
My son got a 7 point that he got on  Sunday. I got a 9 point on Thursday. The numbers here around Ada  were down a lot compared to last year.   Jack
ObamaCare-----When injustice becomes law resistance becomes duty.     Thomas Jefferson