Author Topic: p32 holsters, clips, etc..  (Read 1754 times)

Offline troy_mclure

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
p32 holsters, clips, etc..
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »
how do you carry your p32?

i ordered the left, and right belt clips. but im also kinda looking for a holster to stop it from printing so bad in my back pocket.

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
Re: p32 holsters, clips, etc..
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 04:20:56 AM »
i carry my in a blackhawk pocket holster really looks like a wallet. Works good i do alot of practice on the "draw" good thing is it will work in the left front or right front pocket.
PS it is a size 1

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 04:37:11 AM »
I have a little holster for pocket carry that stops printing of it. I most often use that for pocket carry of it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline troy_mclure

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:23:46 AM »
thanks for the lead on the holsters.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
Desatis Nemesis pocket holster. Nice little holster for the P32/P3AT, and under $20.

Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 04:24:30 PM »
I ordered a shoot through wallet holster from a guy in Texas. He sells them on Ebay but I got tired of the automatic bids. I contacted him and they are $36 with free shipping. Comes in black or brown and made from saddlebag leather. The Kel Tec slides in, bottom first, from the side leaving the slide just clearing the edge. The wallet holds it quite snug, it will not accidently slip out at all. There is a cut out for the trigger and magazine release and for the magazine itself.  Plus an extra hole for another finger to give you a very solid grip when fireing. It's advantage is that you can fire and reload without removing the pistol from the holster. It gives you a very solid grip too. In your pocket it patterns just like a wallet. With very little practice, you can pull it out and imediately commence to fireing. A very big surprise for anyone demanding your wallet! Just go on ebay and type in wallet holster. He usually has at least 4 listed always. You can try bidding, or like I did, contact him personaly. There is no better way to carry a P32 or the .380. He also has them for Ruger's LCP.

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:52:31 AM »
You might want to check the federal laws concerning the "Shoot Tru Holster". If memory serves, they are classified as "Any other device" by the BATF, and are illegal.
Savage

Offline uncledub

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Alabama, USA
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »
I highly recommend the DeSantis Nemesis or get the Super Fly if want a panel to further hide the outline.  The DeSantis models last long, are light weight, soft, and hold the pistol in an upright position.  They stay in the pocket when drawing the weapon.  Many other holsters work well.  This is just my opinion.

I also have a pocket clip if I choose not use the holster and the pistol fits in the holster just fine.
Young guys should listen to Old guys, they know stuff.

NEF 45-70 w/ 20 ga 22" barrel
NEF Pardner Pump Protector

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
Savage, the fellow that makes them also has a video about them. He makes the comment that the holster is completely legal because the slide of the gun is fully exsposed out the side of the holster. I love mine because I just pick it up and slip it into my back pocket every morning. It is always there when needed. If it were otherwise though, I'm betting the law was written long before concealed carry. I know the man that makes them sells them as fast as they're made. I doubt he could advertise them for long before the ATF came knocking on his door if he wasn't right about his statement. Just to be safe though I'll certainly check. I apreciate your concern. Thanks guy....Spirithawk ^i^

Offline Savage

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 04:49:03 PM »
Spirithawk,

Glad you've done your homework. You are correct, that holster ruling was made long before "Shall Issue" laws. I have an old High Standard .22 mag derringer with the wallet holster that came with it. The HS wallet holster was actually named as a prohibited device in the BATF statute. Last I checked, looooooong time ago, any holster that allowed the weapon to be fired while still in the holster was illegal.
Savage

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »
Here's what it looks like;

Offline Savage

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 06:17:30 AM »
That holster may be ok with the BATF boys. Still I'd check into it myself. I'll take a pic of my old HS rig and post it first chance I get for comparison.
Savage

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »
I'll definitely check. I'm thinking what might make it legal is that it doesn't conceal the firearm, leaving it recognisable as one, but rather just breaks up it's outline when it is concealed. I got the phone number for the local office of the BATF. It was too late to call tonight but I intend to in the morning. Will let you know the definite answer.

Offline camsdaddy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
I have carried mine in a uncle mikes soft pocket holster and also appendix IWB with the clip. I carried it for years and was only questioned twice about the clip. I later cut the clip so that it did not stick out from under the belt. With a light push up and a slide of the hand the gun is deployed and shot fired.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 06:39:06 AM »
Welllll, after calling the BATF and being passed around from local, to Washington and back again and around, and around, and around, and around and around some more.....well you get the picture, it seems they don't know themselves. They haven't a clue! I talked to agents. I talked to supervisors. I talked to supervisors supervisors! Drew a blank with all of them. They gave me the distinct impression that unless you were caught involved in something seriously illegal they could care less and wouldn't even give it a thought into even checking. They admitted to me the question of shoot through holster's being legal has never come up before, particularly one designed like mine.Sooooo, the Federal office passed me off me to the state office one last time..... and they didn't know! Finally I ended up talking to the sherrif's office that issued my CCW permit. Their firearms exspert gave me an answer right away. At last, someone who knows his job! The verdict? YES they are legal! Yipee, I like my holster and like carrying my Kel Tec that way. Now maybe in a few places they aren't, but that could simply be because in some places conceal carry istself is not legal.   However, as I said, the Sheriff Office's exspert knew his stuff and answered right away. Didn't even have to think about it nor did he hesitate in the slightest to give me an answer. :) So, now we know. :)

Offline terry4strokes

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 08:55:35 AM »
Most of the time it is in a Galco pocket holster - something like the folks above. I also have a Crossbreed MiniTuck IWB that I love! It is comfortable as anything out there.

Offline Savage

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »
Can't vouch for the accuracy or authenticity of this information, but it's very close to my recollection when the BATF first ruled on holsters.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Wallet-Holsters-amp-ATF-Regulations_W0QQugidZ10000000001714210

Savage

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »
I apreciate your concern but all I can say is that that was 14 years ago, according to the date, and written by some guy on Ebay. A lot can change in 14 years. I did everything possible to verify the legality of it, and was told by someone in authority who should certainly know, that it's perfectly legal so I have to go with that person's word over a 14 year old report by someone I don't know the credintials of. Also, the holster I have does not hide the fact that it's a gun and technicly it does not fire through the holster but rather outside of it since the slide and barrel are completely exsposed. As I said, I talked with BATF officials that I'd think certainly would have told me it was illegal if it was. After all it's them inforcing such laws. They are the ones who told me to ask the Sheriff Dept. I also have an edge. I don't talk with anyone on the phone without getting their name. Soooo, if ever anything did come up I can verify who told me what. Untill someone in authority shows me a written law or tells me differant I have to go with what they've told me so far and that is " As long as I have my CCW it's legal. " I just reread it and noticed it was updated for 2,010 but which guy would you believe? A guy on Ebay or the Sheriff Department's in house exspert on such matters?  He even agreed with me that it was a safe and smart way to carry my Kel Tec. Way I look at it is that if the Sheriff Dept.'s own in house exspert on such matters, a man who's very job it is to know these things, tells me it's legal.....then it's legal. And he's the one the BATF told me to ask!

Offline Savage

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »
The big problem with carry laws is they vary so much from state to state, and even from county to county. Now, add the federal law and the individual interpretation factor and you have a real mess! You've already learned that in your inquiries. If it were me, I'd look up the actual statute in the current code and make the determination for myself. The holster you have is neat, but doesn't do anything any pocket holster can't do, other than stay attached to the gun on the draw. If you feel confident in your source of information, carry it without concern.
Savage

Just couldn't stand it! It only took a couple minutes to find reference to the wallet holster on the BATF site.  FYI:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/identification-of-nfa-firearms.html#wallet-holster

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »
I use a Fobus paddle for my P3AT under a Hawaiian shirt in warm weather. 
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »
Yep, I saw that too but when I called the BATF's own agents and asked about it, they still hadn't a clue. Acted like they thought I was nuts. They directed me time and time again to where my CCW was issued and that's the only person who gave an answer. He wasn't a small town Sheriff Dept. exspert. He works for the County, Sheriff Dept. and the Highway Patrol which covers a lot of ground. Now I didn't just talk to BATF field agents,when I called, I talked to their superiors too. I've many family members in law enforcement, and one thing I do know. Sometimes there are laws on the books that are so arbitrary, they simply ignore them unless you prove to be a real lowlife and they decide to press the issue to add to your charges. The books are full of such laws and it's usually up to the arresting officer's discretion. Seeing as how the BATF's own people know nothing of this statute, no matter how high up the ladder I went, and since they seem to care even less.  I'd say it's either changed ( that info on your link is dated 1968 fourty two years ago ) or that it's extremely low on their priority list wouldn't you? One obvious thing I'll do is try to get in touch again with the manfactuer of the wallet and ask him what backs up his statement that it's legal. But again, The BATF said ask the Sheriff Dept., which I did, and they say it is legal. Since that's who they themselves directed me to, that's what I have to believe. Also, you have to notice the obvious differance between the holsters shown on the web site and mine. If every holster, * you can shoot through * while holstered was illegal, then I know a lot of Cowboy Action Shooters and quick draw artists who's quick draw rigs with the cut out for the trigger finger, and the open toe of the holster,  who would be seriously upset because if you interpet the law as it reads on that page then they'd be illegal!

Ok, so there is no doubt whatsoever, I emailed the same pics I posted to the BATF and asked one last time. If I get no answer, I'll believe the Sheriff Dept. If they say it's legal I'll copy the email and put it in my wallet for insurance. They say It's not, then there's many other ways to carry. Simple as that.  :) Another thing to consider is that that link also dates the law to way before CCW's were issued anywhere. My CCW allows me to carry concealed and it in no way states how I'm limited in doing that. Concealed is just that....concealed!

Offline Savage

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »
Spirithawk,
 I'm not surprised that no one seems have knowledge of the vague federal regulations and definitions imposed upon us by the "Gun Control Act of 1968".  My intent was to prevent someone from unknowingly running afoul of the law. In absence of better information, I tend to believe information posted by the responsible enforcement agency on their own web site. Choice is yours, I'll not belabor the point further.
Savage

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »
Hey, as I said I apreciate your concern. I want to know beyond a doubt myself. I just can't undestand why no one at the BATF has a clue? After all, it's not the average Joe in the dark that I'm talking about. It's the BATF itself. The ones who's site the info is on. The ones who's job it is to inforce said law. Who's going to inforce a law when those who's job it is seem to know or care nothing about it? As I understand it, it says absolutely nothing about the type of holster being illegal, just taxable. I think I've done the best I can by sending them both the pics of my wallet, with the firearm in it and out, plus the link you provided. I don't see how humanly possible to do any more than that. When, and if  ::) I get an answer back, I'll post it, not to prove anyone right nor wrong, but just so the rest of you all don't have to go through this merry-go-round yourselves. I don't in any way consider this discussion an arguement. On the contrary, as you said, the situation just goes to show the beauracratic, can be interpreted in a million differant ways, that laws are written and many tucked away that we aren't even aware of. And they'll stay that way too unless folks like us speak up and demand better. Yes, such as the BATF can be a scary intimidating organization. But what we need to keep in mind is that as, honest citizens....THEY WORK FOR US!

Offline JeffDavis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (38)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »
I stitched together a pocket holster from an old leather check register that might be ugly as sin, but it's in my pocket and out of sight! I use a Safariland mag carrier that is all metal and one piece; the mag is clipped into place and rides on my left hip. Really would like another P32 to have in a strong side Fobus paddle holster in addition to the pocket carry with the other
Safariland carrier.
REPUBLICAN: We work so you don't have to.
A friend in need is a pest.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:03 AM »
Wellll, it's been a month and still no word from the BATFE. Either it's very low on their priority list or they refuse to be pinned down into putting a straight answer into writing. Either way it sure is iritating. The site that makes a holster like mine that their Agent looked up still has the link siteing the letter from the BATFE saying the holster is legal. So why, since the BATFE is very aware of the site, haven't they been told to remove it and why does the Sheriff's office, who the BATFE said had the final answer, insist that as long as I have a CCW that it is perfectly legal? I'm no longer using it but it just burns me to be given such a runaround. Sorry, but as a law abiding citizen trying to do the right thing I feel I deserve a straight answer from the BATFE.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
Use an IWB, don't remember the make. It can be uncomfortable if I am not wearing a T shirt. Always got too much stuff in my pockets to go that route.